National HIPAA Audioconference: Strategies in Responding to the CMS Contingency Guicance for Covered Entities Regarding the Enforcement of the HIPAA Transactions Code Sets
-- 11 Categories Of Continuing Education Credit Offered
Thursday, August 14, 2003
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm (Eastern)
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm (Central)
11:00 am - 12:30 pm (Mountain)
10:00 am - 11:30 am (Pacific)
Contact: Paul Tunnecliff
WASHINGTON DC USA -- HEALTHCARE UPDATE NEWS SERVICE(TM) -- AUGUST 4, 2003: HIPAAAudioconferences.com announced today a National HIPAA Audioconferences on Strategies in Responding to the CMS Contingency Guidance for Covered Entities Regarding the Enforcement of the HIPAA Transactions and Code Sets which will take place on Thursday, August 14, 2003.
- 1:00 pm Audioconference Check in and Introduction
- 1:05 pm Overview of Audioconference by the Moderator
Alan Goldberg, JD, LLM
- 1:10 pm Overview of CMS Guidance
Steven Lazarus, Ph.D.
- 1:20 pm Will There be a Train Wreck on October 16, 2003?
Kepa Zubeldia, MD
- 1:30 pm Strategic Alternatives and Contingency Planning in Response to the CMS Guidance
- 1:40 pm Payor Responses to the CMS Guidance
- 1:55 pm Provider Responses to the CMS Guidance
Lawrence A. Hughes, Esq.
- 2:10 pm Questions and Comments
- 2:30 pm Audioconference Adjournment
- Jim Daley, HIPAA Program Director, HIPAA Program Director, Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina, Member, WEDI Executive Committee and Chair, WEDI Information Exchange and Management Committee, Columbia, SC
- Lawrence A. Hughes, Esq., Director of Member Relations and Special Counsel, American Hospital Association, Chicago, IL
- Steven S. Lazarus, Ph.D., FHIMSS, President, Boundary Information Group, Immediate Past Chair, WEDI, Denver, CO
- Dan Petrosky, Vice-President, Education Service Group, Founding Member, EDI Partners (a business Unit of ICC), Minneapolis, MN
- Kepa Zubeldia, MD, President and CEO, Claredi Corp., and Vice Chair, AFEHCT and WEDI Security Policy Advisory Group, Kaysville, UT
- Alan S. Goldberg, JD, LLM, Partner, Goulston & Storrs, Adjunct Professor, Suffolk University Law School and University of Maryland School of Law, Moderator, AHLA HIT Listserve, AND Director, ABA Health Law Section HIPAA & State Law Project, Washington DC (Moderator)
- To set forth strategies in HIPAA transactions and code sets implementation
- To construe CMS Contingency Guidance for Covered Entities Regarding the Enforcement of the HIPAA Transactions and Code Sets
- To define reasonable and diligent efforts to become compliant and, in the case of health plans, to facilitate the compliance of their trading partners
- To assess implications of CMS complaint-driven process to enforce the provisions
AUDIOCONFERENCE SPONSORED BY TRAIN FOR HIPAA:
Train for HIPAA, http://www.trainforhipaa.com, offers the full continuum of HIPAA workforce training solutions. Train for HIPAA is an affiliate of the HIPAA Summit Conference Series, http://www.hipaasummit.com, HIPAA Colloquium at Harvard University, http://www.hipaacolloquium.com, and HIPAA Audioconferences, http://www.hipaaaudioconferences.com.
AUDIOCONFERENCE CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT AVAILABLE:
Only HIPAA Summit Audioconferences offer 11 types of continuing education credit that can be applied for and approved online. The Following Extensive CEs: AAPC; ACCME; ACHE; ACMPE; ACPE; AHIMA; ANCC; CISSP/SSCP; HIMSS, HCCB; MCLE; and NASBA.
The Audioconference Registration Fee is $225 per Site. No limit to number of attendees per site.
You can register online at:
Alternatively, you can download and print the Audioconference Registration Form from the website:
The completed form can be faxed to 760-418-8084 or sent to:
HIPAA Summit Audioconference Office
7790 Barberry Ave
Yucca Valley CA USA 92284
FOR E-MAIL ADDRESS CHANGE, ADD OR DELETE REQUESTS:
Please email your request to: webmaster@HIPAAAudioconferences.com.