HIPAA Summit West Faculty Presentations Posted; Seventh National HIPAA Summit Scheduled; Call for Speakers
- HIPAA Summit West Faculty presentations posted at www.HIPAASummit.com
- Seventh National HIPAA Summit scheduled for September 14 - 16, 2003 in Baltimore, MD
- Call for Speakers for Seventh National HIPAA Summit
Contact: Paul Tunnecliff
WASHINGTON DC USA -- HEALTHCARE UPDATE NEWS SERVICE (TM) -- JUNE 16, 2003: The HIPAA Summit Conference Series announced the following today:
HIPAA SUMMIT WEST FACULTY PRESENTATIONS POSTED:
All of the over 1,000 faculty presentation from the past 9 HIPAA Summits and 2 HIPAA Colloquia at Harvard University are posted at www.HIPAASummit.com. HIPAA Summit West faculty presentations are posted under speaker names on the Agenda pages at www.hipaasummit.com/agenda/index.html. For past Summit presentations go to Past Summit Home at www.hipaasummit.com/past.html.
SEVENTH NATIONAL HIPAA SUMMIT SCHEDULED:
The Seventh National HIPAA Summit scheduled for September 14 - 16, 2003 at the Baltimore Waterfront Marriott in Baltimore, MD. The Summit will focus on HIPAA transactions and code sets implementation; HIPAA transactions testing; HIPAA security rule compliance and implementation; HIPAA privacy rule implementation clean up following the compliance date; and strategies for compliance with the HIPAA workforce training requirement.
CALL FOR SPEAKERS FOR SEVENTH NATIONAL HIPAA SUMMIT:
The HIPAA Summit announces its call for presentation and speaker proposals for the Seventh National HIPAA Summit. Of particular interest are presentation on the following topics:
- Practical approaches to HIPAA transactions and code sets implementation
- HIPAA security rule compliance and implementation strategies
- HIPAA privacy rule implementation clean up following the compliance date
- Strategies for compliance with the HIPAA workforce training requirement
Presentation and speaker proposals should be set forth in a brief email. The email should list proposed topic name, a brief description of the topic, proposed speaker(s) name(s), and brief description of speaker qualifications. Proposals will be considered as received.
All proposal should be sent on or before: Friday, June 27, 2003.
Please email presentation and speaker proposals to: PeterGrant@HIPAASummit.com.
HIPAA SUMMIT SPONSORED BY TRAIN FOR HIPAA:
Train for HIPAA, http://www.trainforhipaa.com, offers the full continuum of HIPAA workforce training solutions. Train for HIPAA is an affiliate of the HIPAA Summit Conference Series, http://www.hipaasummit.com, HIPAA Colloquium at Harvard University, http://www.hipaacolloquium.com, and HIPAA Audioconferences, http://www.hipaaaudioconferences.com.
SAVE THE DATE FOR NATIONAL HIPAA AUDIOCONFERENCE: VALIDATING HIPAA IN A LIVE PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT:
- Karen Cairo, Systems Officer, Nationwide Health Plans, Columbus OH
- Tim Determan, e-Business Team, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana, Helena MN
- Robert Fisher, Chief Executive Officer, Foresight Corporation, Columbus OH
- Joe Fleming, e-Business Executive, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana, Helena MN
- Ed Hafner, Chief Technology Officer, Foresight Corporation, Columbus OH
- Steve Lazarus, Ph.D., President, Boundary Information Group & Immediate Past Chair, Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI), Denver CO
- Alan S. Goldberg, JD, LLM, Partner, Goulston & Storrs, Adjunct Professor, Suffolk University Law School and University of Maryland School of Law, Moderator, AHLA HIT Listserve, AND Director, ABA Health Law Section HIPAA & State Law Project, Washington DC (Moderator)
HIPAA SUMMIT EXHIBIT & SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION:|
For sponsorship and exhibit information contact: Joni Lipson, Exhibit Manager, 215-599-6626 phone, 215-545-8107 fax, firstname.lastname@example.org.
HIPAA SUMMIT REGISTRATION INFORMATION:|
For further registration info, call 800-684-4549, email: email@example.com, or write:
HIPAA Summit Office
7790 Barberry Ave.
Yucca Valley, CA USA 92284