PRESS RELEASE: National Pharma Congress Audioconference: Operationalizing the OIG Pharmaceutical Guidance - Grants, Consulting Agreements and Sales and Marketing
Thursday, September 18, 2003|
- 1:00 pm - 2:45 pm (Eastern)
- 12:00 pm - 1:45 pm (Central)
- 11:00 am - 12:45 pm (Mountain)
- 10:00 am - 11:45 am (Pacific)
- Sponsored by the Pharmaceutical Compliance Forum
Contact: Paul Tunnecliff
WASHINGTON DC USA -- HEALTHCARE UPDATE NEWS SERVICE(TM) -- SEPTEMBER 15, 2003: The Pharma Congress 2003, November 12 - 14, 2003, in Washington, DC, PharmaCongress.com announced today the scheduling of a national audioconference on Operationalizing the OIG Pharmaceutical Guidance - Grants, Consulting Agreements and Sales and Marketing on Thursday, Sept. 18, 2003, from 1:00 pm - 2:45 pm (Eastern).
The Audioconference agenda is set forth in Eastern Daylight Time below:
- 1:00 pm Welcoming Remarks and Introduction of Faculty
John Bentivoglio, Esq.
- 1:05 pm Government Perspective on How Companies Should Implement the HHS OIG's Guidance
James Sheehan, Esq.
- 1:25 pm Translating the Guidance Into Practical Policies, Procedures and Safeguards
John Bentivoglio, Esq.
- 1:45 pm Operationalizing the Guidance: Practical Insights from an In-House Lawyer
Marc Farley, Esq.
- 2:00 pm Operationalizing the Guidance: Practical Insights from an In-House Lawyer
Arjun Rajaratnum, Esq.
- 2:15 pm Questions and Comments
- 2:45 pm Audioconference Adjournment
- Marc Farley, Esq., Assistant General Counsel and Compliance Officer, Berlex Laboratories, Inc., Montville, NJ
- Arjun Rajaratnam, Esq., Compliance Officer, Global Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, NC
- James Sheehan, Esq., Assistant U.S. Attorney, Chief, Civil Division, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- John Bentivoglio, Esq., Partner, Arnold and Porter and Former Special Counsel for Healthcare Fraud and Chief Privacy Officer, United States Department of Justice, Washington, DC (Moderator)
AUDIOCONFERENCE CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT AVAILABLE:
- To Provide an Overview of the Final OIG Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- To Discuss the Specific Impact on Compliance Program Organization and Structure as a Result of the OIG's Compliance Guidance
- To Review the Identified Risk Areas in the Compliance Guidance and the Potential Impact on the Pharmaceutical Industry
- To Explore Practical Initiatives Your Company can Pursue to Implement Provisions of the OIG Compliance Guidance
- To Specifically Assess the Implications of the Compliance Guidance to Grants, Consulting Agreements and Sales and Marketing
Only Pharma Audioconferences offer 11 types of continuing education credit that can be applied for and approved online. The Following Extensive CEs: AAPC; ACCME; ACHE; ACMPE; ACPE; AHIMA; ANCC; CISSP/SSCP; HIMSS, HCCB; MCLE; and NASBA..
SPONSOR: THE PHARMACEUTICAL COMPLIANCE FORUM:
The Audioconference is sponsored by the Pharmaceutical Compliance Forum (PCF). PCF was founded in early-1999 by compliance professionals from the pharmaceutical industry, to promote effective corporate compliance programs. The organization is open to others in the industry, and has more than doubled its membership since it was founded. The members meet twice a year, for one to two days, focusing on open and informal sharing of compliance information, best practices and current developments in the field.
SAVE THE DATE FOR THE PHARMACEUTICAL REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE CONGRESS:
Please save the date for the upcoming Pharmaceutical Regulatory and Compliance Congress and Best Practices Forum, November 12 - 14, 2003, in Washington, DC, www.PharmaCongress.com, featuring the following keynote faculty:
- Thomas Abrams, Director, Div of Drug Advertising, Marketing & Communications, US Food & Drug Administration, Rockville MD
- Arthur L. Caplan, Ph.D., Director, Center for Bioethics, University of Pennsylvania, Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science, the Hastings Center, the College of Physicians of Philadelphia, and the New York Academy of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Dara Corrigan, Acting Principal Deputy Inspector General, Office of Inspector General, Department of health and Human Services, Washington, DC
- Raymond Gilmartin, Chairman, President & CEO, Merck & Co., Inc., Whitehouse Station NJ
- Senator Chuck Grassley (R/IA) (Invited), United States Senate, Chairman, Senate Finance Committee, Washington, DC
- John Guthrie, Esq., Director, Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, Office of Attorney General, Columbus, OH
- Peter Keisler, Esq. (Invited), Assistant Attorney General, Civil Division, United States Department of Justice, Washington, DC
- Thomas B. Leary, Esq., Commissioner, US Federal Trade Commission, Washington DC
- Michael Loucks, Esq., Chief of the Health Care Fraud Unit, Asst U.S. Attorney, US Attorney's Office for the District of Massachusetts, Boston, MA
- Mark B. McClellan MD, Ph.D., Commissioner, US Food & Drug Administration, Rockville MD
- Dennis Nally, Chairman & Sr Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers, New York, NY
- Janet Rehnquist, Esq., Partner, Venable LLP, Former Inspector General, Department of Health & Human Services, Washington, DC
- Thomas Scully, Administrator, US Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Department of Health & Human Services, Washington DC
- James Sheehan, Esq., Chief of the Civil Div, Asst U.S. Attorney, US Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia PA
- The Honorable Tommy Thompson (Invited), Secretary, Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC
- Janet Woodcock MD, Director, Center for Drug Evaluation & Research, US Food & Drug Administration, Rockville MD
The Audioconference Registration Fee is $345 per Site. No limit to number of attendees per site.
You can register online at:
Alternatively, you can download and print the Audioconference Registration Form from the website:
The completed form can be faxed to 760-418-8084 or sent to:
HIPAA Summit Audioconference Office
FOR E-MAIL ADDRESS CHANGE, ADD OR DELETE REQUESTS:
7790 Barberry Ave
Yucca Valley CA USA 92284
Please email your request to: webmaster@PharmaAudioconferences.com.