Acting HHS Inspector General Dara Corrigan to Address Pharmaceutical Regulatory Issues at Pharmaceutical Regulatory and Compliance Congress
- Sponsored by Pharmaceutical Compliance Forum
- Nov. 12-14, 2003
- Renaissance Marriott Hotel, Washington DC
Contact: Paul Tunnecliff
WASHINGTON DC USA -- HEALTHCARE UPDATE NEWS SERVICETM - OCTOBER 27, 2003: The Pharmaceutical Compliance Forum, the leading association of pharmaceutical industry compliance professionals, announced today the participation of Acting HHS Inspector General Dara Corrigan in the Fourth Annual Pharmaceutical Regulatory Compliance Congress and Best Practices Forum, which will be held Nov. 12-14, 2003, in Washington DC.
ACTING HHS INSPECTOR GENERAL OFFERS KEYNOTE ADDRESS:
OTHER FRAUD AND ABUSE REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE PRESENTATIONS:
- Keynote Address: Fraid and Abuse Enforcement regarding the Pharmaceutical Industry
on the afternoon of Wednesday, November 12, 2003 by:
Acting Principal Deputy Inspector General
Office of Inspector General
Department of Health and Human Services
OTHER KEYNOTE SPEAKERS:
- Perspective on Pharmaceutical Sales and Marketing Practices by Michael Loucks, Esq., Chief of the Health Care Fraud Unit, Assistant U.S. Attorney, U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Massachusetts, Boston, MA
- Integrating Compliance Into the Commercial Practices by Kathleen A. Knight, Esq., Vice President, Deputy General Counsel and Assistant Secretary, Alcon Laboratories, Inc., Fort Worth, TX and Catherine A. Sazdanoff, Divisional Vice President, Ethics and Compliance, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL
- Advanced Compliance Strategies: Conducting an Enterprise-Wide Risk Assessment by Brian Riewerts, Senior Manager, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Baltimore, MD
- Implementing Controls around Grants, Consulting Agreements, CME and Preceptorships and other Promotional Practices by Heidi Chen, Esq., Senior Corporate Counsel, Pfizer Inc., New York, NY and Paul E. Kalb, MD, JD, Partner, Sidley Austin Brown & Wood, Washington, DC
- How to Negotiate and Live Under a Corporate Integrity Agreement by Jonathon L. Kellerman, Senior Manager, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Philadelphia, PA and L. Stephan Vincze, Esq., Ethics & Compliance Officer, TAP Pharmaceuticals, Lake Forest, IL
- Conducting a Clinical Risk Assessment and Implementing Compliance Practices by Jane Stratton, Esq., Vice President Associate General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, Chiron Corporation, Emeryville, CA
- From Corporate Compliance to Enterprise Wide Risk Management by Caroline H. West, Esq., Vice President, Global Legal Compliance, Legal Compliance Group, Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Bridgewater, NJ
- Qui Tam Panel with Mark Allen Kleiman, Esq., Partner, Law Offices of Mark Allen Kleiman, Los Angeles, CA, Stephen Meagher, Esq., Partner, Phillips & Cohen, San Francisco, CA and Robert G. Homchick, Esq., Partner and Chair, Health Law Group, Davis Wright Tremaine, Seattle, WA
- End Notes: The Future of Pharmaceutical Sector Regulation and Compliance by Janet Rehnquist, Esq., Partner, Venable LLP and Former Inspector General, Department of Health & Human Services, Washington, DC
Thomas L. Abrams
Director, Division of Drug Marketing, Advertising & Communications, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD
Arthur L. Caplan, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Bioethics, University of Pennsylvania, Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science, the Hastings Center, the College of Physicians of Philadelphia, and the New York Academy of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
Chairman, President and CEO, Merck & Co., Inc., Whitehouse Station, NJ
John Guthrie, Esq.
Director, Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, Office of Attorney General, Columbus, OH
Thomas B. Leary, Esq.
Commissioner, Federal Trade Commission, Washington, DC
Michael Loucks, Esq.
Chief of the Health Care Fraud Unit, Assistant U.S. Attorney, U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Massachusetts, Boston, MA
Mark B. McClellan, MD, Ph.D.
Commissioner of Food and Drugs, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD
Dennis M. Nally
Chairman and Senior Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, New York, NY
Administrator, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Department of Health and Human Services,Washington, DC
James Sheehan, Esq.
Chief of the Civil Division, Assistant U.S. Attorney, U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Janet Woodcock, MD
Director, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD
Douglas M. Lankler, Esq.
Senior Corporate Counsel, Deputy Compliance Officer, Pfizer Inc., New York, NY
Arjun Rajaratnam, Esq.
Compliance Officer, Global Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, NC
Bert Weinstein, Esq.
Vice President and Assistant General Counsel, Merck & Co., Whitehouse Station, NJ
CO SPONSORED BY:
SPONSOR: THE PHARMACEUTICAL COMPLIANCE FORUM:
- Association of Clinical Research Professionals
- Food and Drug Law Institute
- International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Associations
- International Pharmaceutical Privacy Consortium
- IRB Forum
- Pharmacy & Therapeutics (P&T) Society
- Society of Research Administrators International (SRA)
- The Acumen Journal of Life Sciences
- American Pharmaceutical Review
- BNA's Pharmaceutical Law & Industry Report
- BNA's Medical Research Law & Policy Report
- CenterWatch Monthly Newsletter
- Clinical Trials Advisor
- Drug and Market Development Publications
- FDA News
- Genaissance Health Care Partners
- Harvard Health Policy Review
- Health Affairs
- Human Research Report
- JobWatch Clinical Research Careers Monitor
- Journal of Pharmaceutical Development and Regulation
- Med Ad News
- Pharma Marketing Network
- Pharma Marketing News
- Pharma Privacy Watch
- Pharmaceutical Executive Magazine
The Congress is sponsored by the Pharmaceutical Compliance Forum (PCF). PCF was founded in early-1999 by compliance professionals from the pharmaceutical industry, to promote effective corporate compliance programs. The organization is open to others in the industry, and has more than doubled its membership since it was founded. The members meet twice a year, for 1-2 days, focusing on open and informal sharing of compliance information, best practices and current developments in the field.
EXHIBIT & SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION:
For sponsorship and exhibit information review the Promotional Opportunities pages on the Congress website: http://www.PharmaCongress.com or contact:
For further registration info, go to the Congress website at
http://www.pharmacongress.com/registration.html, call 800-684-4549,
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or write:
Pharma Congress Office
FOR E-MAIL ADDRESS CHANGE, ADD OR DELETE REQUESTS:
7790 Barberry Ave.
Yucca Valley, CA USA 92284
Please email your request to: webmaster@PharmaCongress.com.