Contact: Leanne Forbes
804.225.7422 ext.207 phone
RICHMOND, VA - HEALTHCARE UPDATE NEWS SERVICE (TM) - JULY 18, 2003 : Innovation in healthcare is occurring at a rapid pace, which is why The Emerging Technologies and Healthcare Innovations Congress (TETHIC) is taking the time to host the first annual TETHIE Awards to recognize the best in emerging technologies and innovative solutions in healthcare. You have already heard the news, TETHIC will be held in Washington, D.C., September 22-24, 2003, www.tethic.com. In 2002, over 750 payers, providers, employers, and vendors registered for TETHIC. More are expected to attend in 2003.
At TETHIC 2003 we'll celebrate healthcare's best in innovation and technology. Awards will be given to the top performers in each of six constituency categories:
- Hospitals/Health Systems
- Payors/Health Plans
- Healthcare Technology Regulation & Compliance
- Physicians/Physician Organizations
- Pharma/Bio Medical Innovations, and
- Emerging Technologies/Innovations
The types of awards are detailed below. As an existing sponsor, member of the advisory board or leader in healthcare, we want you to be the first to submit your entries for this special opportunity. Log on to www.tethic.com and submit your entries today!
In addition, if you have an award category, program or project you would like to sponsor, TETHIC professionals want to hear about it. Please contact Adam Norton, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-225-7422 x219 to discuss this opportunity. Deadline for entries is August 22nd.
AWARD TITLES AND DESCRIPTIONS:
- Most Innovative Information Technology in Hospital Community - An innovation technology that improves the administrative or support side of care in a hospital setting.
- Most Innovative Patient Care/Clinical Technology in Hospital Community - An innovation technology that improves the direct clinical care in a hospital setting.
- Most Innovative Facility That Uses Technology to Reduce Medical Errors - An innovation technology that quantifies actual improvement in patient safety issues in a hospital setting.
- Most Innovative Information Technology in Physician Community - An innovation technology that improves the administrative or support side of care in a physician office.
- Most Innovative Patient Care/Clinical Technology in Physician Community - An innovation technology that improves direct clinical patient care in a hospital setting.
Pharma/BIO Medical Innovations:
- Most Innovative Information Technology in Payor Community - An innovation technology that improves the administrative or support side of health plan operations.
- Most Innovative Use of Technology Promoting Wellness in Health Plan Community - An innovation technology that improves the overall wellness of a plan's membership or improves the wellness of a group of members within a disease state.
Healthcare Technology Regulation & Compliance:
- Most Innovative Information Technology in Pharma/BIO - An innovation technology that improves the administrative, clinical, or support side of Pharma/BIO business.
- Most Innovative Healthcare Technology That Improves Compliance - An innovation technology that quantifies and improves administrative compliance with Medicare, Medicaid, MediCal, or other regulatory body.
-- Most Innovative Technology for Security in Healthcare - An innovation technology that improves the security of patient or financial information in a Hospital or physician practice setting.
Panel of Award Judges:
- Most Innovative Technology in Care Management - - An innovation technology that improves the administrative or support side of Care Management, Disease Management or Outcomes Measurement in a hospital setting.
- Most Innovative Technology for Improving Quality of Patient Outcomes - - An innovation technology that improves the administrative or support side of Care Management, Disease Management or Outcomes Measurement in a Physician Setting.
- Most Innovative Technology For Improving Patient Safety - An innovation technology that provides actual improvement in patient safety.
SIGN UP NOW FOR TETHIC MEMBERSHIP AND RECEIVE ALL OF THESE REWARDS!
- Dr. Wade Aubry (Health Technology Center)
- Mark Bard (Manhattan Research)
- Stan Bernard (Bernard Associates)
- Keith Strier (Deloitte Consulting)
- Joel Kahn (WorldCare Global Health Plan Ltd.)
- Kevin Fickenscher (CSC Global Health Solutions)
- Eric Webber (AAHP)
- Doug Goldstein (Medical Alliances Inc. and eHealthcare.net)
- Tim Stefll (American Hospital Association)
- Tim Stettheimer (St. Vincent)
- Eric Brown (Forrester Research)
- Mark Anderson (AC Group, Inc)
- Wendy Burow Johnson (Com-Med Strategic Alliances, Inc.)
Note: You must use a valid e-mail address.
- Receive a 10% discount on all TEG conferences (TETHIC). (Can't be combined with any other discount.)
- Receive our future 2003 newsletter for FREE.
- Receive weekly updates on conference and trade shows.
To learn how you can become a member, visit http://www.tethic.com
TETHIC TRAVEL ACCOMMODATIONS:
Marriott Wardman Park
2660 Woodley Road, NW
Washington, DC 20008
TETHIC 2003 has arranged special group rates with The Marriott Wardman Park for your convenience. Please make your reservations directly with the hotel and request the group rate TETHIC 2003 to receive the reduced rates. Rate Expires: August 31, 2003. Please note: all reservations must be accompanied by a first night room and tax deposit or guaranteed with a major credit card. Should a guest cancel a reservation being held on a credit card, the deposit is refundable if notice is received at least seven days prior to arrival and a cancellation number is obtained.
United is the Official Airline of TETHIC 2003. To take advantage of the special discounts being offered through United Airlines, you or your travel agent can contact United Meeting Plus Reservation Center at 800.521.4041, Monday - Sunday, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 pm. EST. These discounts apply to United Airlines and United Express. Make sure you refer to ID Number 517TS when making your reservation. Several pricing options are available to serve your needs. Discounts range from 5% - 10% with additional bonus discounts for reservations made 30 days in advance of travel.
For more information about travel information, visit:
ABOUT THE EMERGENT GROUP, LLC:
The Emergent Group, LLC is an event management company offering a full range of management services and partnership opportunities. The company brings years of knowledge and experience to a variety of industries, including healthcare, media, travel, financial, entertainment and sports, and produces several premier industry-specific events including Consumer Directed Healthcare Conference (CDHCC), Healthcare Delivery Solutions Congress (HDSC) and The Emerging Technologies and Healthcare Innovations Congress (TETHIC). For more information, visit www.theemergentgroup.com.
For more information about TETHIC, visit www.tethic.com, call Leanne Forbes at 804.225.7422 ext.207, or email her at email@example.com.