Contact: Susan Cunningham
Atlantic Information Services, Inc.
Phone: 202-775-9008 ext 3064
WASHINGTON DC, USA -- HEALTHCARE UPDATE NEWS SERVICE(TM) -- JUNE 27, 2006: Understanding the business implications of Medicare Part D, along with tracking deadlines and new developments, can be an onerous task for companies affected by the drug benefit. A subscription to AIS's Guide to the Medicare Drug Benefit (with biweekly Part D E-Letters and a special Part D Web site) is the perfect way to keep track of new regulations and guidance as they're issued ... along with clarifications, explanations and future changes that are sure to follow.
Make sure you have an inside line on Medicare Part D issues, including:
AIS's Guide to the Medicare Drug Benefit has separate well-organized chapters on:
- The June 30 deadline for beneficiaries to switch into Medicare Advantage (MA) plans and MA-PD plans, including Special Needs Plans
- CMS's co-branding policy to begin in contract year 2007
- Major cash flow problems for pharmacists who are not being paid promptly by Medicare Part D plans
- The facilitated enrollment process for MA plans
- OIG's oversight of Part D fraud, waste and abuse
- And more
- Voluntary Prescription Drug Benefit Program (Part D)
- Medicare Advantage plans (Part C)
- PDP and Medicare Advantage (MA) regions
- Medicare formulary guidelines
- E-prescribing standards
- Retiree prescription drug coverage
Visit www.AISHealth.com/Products/dbenEBPG3.html to order or view the table of contents.
Updated quarterly, this invaluable resource will show health plans what they can and cannot do when marketing their plans, tell you exactly who can enroll in which plan and when, and keep you up to date on the latest CMS guidance issued explaining how to implement Part D plans. As with any program of this magnitude, there are countless gray areas and lots of questions to be answered, including:
- Once my plan has been approved, can I still change my formula?
- What are the pros and cons of being a Part D sponsor?
- Are there restrictions on marketing PDPs to enrollees? How have marketing guidelines changed for the 2007 plan year?
- Can dual eligibles change plans once they're automatically enrolled in a plan?
- How will new e-prescribing standards affect Part D drug plans?
- Has CMS started enforcing Part D requirements?
Answer these questions and more with A Guide to the Medicare Drug Benefit, which comes with a specially designed Part D Web site for easy access to all documents ... and Biweekly E-Letters that provide critical news of (and links to) new regulations and other key developments.
FOUR EASY WAYS TO ORDER:
- Price: $477, plus $5 shipping and handling
*DC residents add 5.75% sales tax
OTHER MANAGED CARE RESOURCES FROM AIS:
- Call toll free (800) 521-4323
- To order online, visit www.AISHealth.com/Products/dbenEBPG3.html to order online
- Fax your purchase order to (202) 331-9542
- Mail your order with check, credit card information or purchase order to:
Atlantic Information Services (LDBEN/EBPG3)
1100 17th Street NW, Suite 300
Washington, DC 20036
Medicare Part D Compliance News
Medicare Advantage News
Managed Medicare and Medicaid Factbook
Managed Care Week
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for 20 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, managed care plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and many other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, looseleafs, books, audioconferences, strategic reports and databases.
Visit www.AISHealth.com for more information on this publication and/or other AIS products and services that could serve your business needs.