MARBLEHEAD, MA USA -- HEALTHCARE UPDATE NEWS SERVICE(TM) -- AUGUST 22, 2006: Are Medicare drug plans receptive to drug specific medication therapy management programs, and if so, what's the budget? What opportunities exist for MTMP for the long-term care population?
With little direction and funding for medication therapy management programs it's difficult to decipher where the dollars are flowing and what emerging drug and therapeutic category-specific solutions exist for pharmaceutical manufacturers and managed care plans. A high level discussion will be held September 20th to explore solutions.
"There are tremendous opportunities but countless questions around MTMP--this is an important discussion to finally get some solutions for plans and pharma," says Robbyn Bhatt of Wyeth, who helped develop the questions/topics for an audioconference September 20th on this topic.
Here's a rundown of the three-part agenda:
Presentation I: Opportunities to Implement Compliant MTMP
Note: There will be an opportunity to ask live questions during the final 30 minutes. Click here for the complete agenda.
Dan Buffington, PharmD, MBA; President/CEO of Clinical Pharmacology Services
- Highlights, issues with Medicare's MTM design
- What plans need to do to be compliant
- The flow of the money and pharma's role
- Solutions for pharma
Presentation II: Shaping MTMP for Long-Term Care
Joseph Gruber, RPH, CGP, FASCP; Regional Director of Clinical Services, Omnicare and ASCP President Elect
- Demographic averages in an LTC environment (e.g., med use, comorbidities, age, psychotropic use)
- DRR vs. MTM: What's going on in nursing homes?
- Credentialing: Competency of pharmacists providing MTM services
- Update on ASCP's policy
- Diabetes intervention: Examination of a portion of an MTMP model that could be applied to other classes/how pharma would respond (e.g., tools to provide)
Presentation III: What Plans Expect and What They Need
Rapid Fire Q&A Session with Answers to 15 Questions Pre-Submitted by a Managed Markets Team!
- What support do PDPs/MA-PDPs need from industry-other than cash grants!
- What role do plans/CMS truly expect industry to play-thoughts on pharma's limitations?
- Do plans expect national pharmacy organizations to be the stewards of establishing the guidelines and metrics for MTM, or will they just wait for MTM to be promulgated by each individual plan and take whatever they can get?
- Are plan's willing to work with pharma on drug-specific MTM programs? What's the budget?
- Click here to view the full slate of questions
Join us WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2006 for Compliant Medication Therapy Management Programs: Solutions for Pharma and Plans beginning at 1 p.m. (Eastern). For more information or to register, visit our Website. If you prefer, call our Customer Service Team at (877) 437-4276. Just mention Source Code EZ48870A to place your order. And remember, you may register now and pay later. Simply choose the "Bill Me" option and we will send you an invoice.
ePharmaceuticals, a division of Marblehead MA-based HCPro, Inc., provides business intelligence, compliance training, market research reports, and custom publishing services to the pharmaceutical industry. Publications include ePharm5, a daily business and marketing innovation newsletter, Medicare & Reimbursement Advisor Weekly, and Compliance Alert for Drug Sales and Marketing.