MARBLEHEAD, MA USA -- PHARMA UPDATE NEWS SERVICE(TM) -- OCTOBER 23, 2006: With legislation heating up and set or pending in at least 17 states, it is vital that pharma proactively understands these laws and converts their requirements to operations consistently and systematically. Hear from our speakers, John Patrick Oroho, Esq., principal of Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C. and Jeff Brady, president of Advanced Health Media, Inc, as they outline some of the biggest challenges in interpreting and defining the nuances of state-by-state regulations. Discussion topics include:
- Overview of existing and pending state legislation: states to watch carefully
- Examples of compliance challenges with existing legislation
- Varying ways to interpret the laws and the potential compliance risks
- Examples of handling interpretations
- Characteristics of a systematic process
- The long-term benefits of pharma compliance with state reporting regulations
MEET OUR SPEAKERS:
- The major state-to-state regulations
- Disclosure laws for:
- Clinical trials
- Data mining restriction issues
- Systems and processes to collect and analyze data resulting from state laws and regulations
- Developing awareness capability that allows you to stay current with the regulations
- Using systematic approaches to avoid different interpretations of the laws
- Establishing rules for your organization
- Converting rules to day-to-day operations
- Recommendations for utilizing the process in three states with existing requirements:
- Current state issues that present the biggest obstacles and capitalizing on opportunities
- Insights on how a robust state-reporting process can improve business operations
John Patrick Oroho, Esq., is principal of Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C. His practice concentrates in the area of federal and state regulatory compliance with respect to the Prescription Drug Marketing Act ("PDMA"), anti-kickbacks, false claims, patient inducement, and Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse. Click here for full bio.
Jeff Brady is the president of Advanced Health Media, Inc. Mr. Brady has led the development of sophisticated systems and processes to provide program management and compliance administration to meet the regulatory requirements of the pharmaceuticals industry. Click here for full bio.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- State-Reporting Task Force Members
- Ethics Directors/Associate Directors/Managers
- Medical Science Liaisons
- Director of Regulatory Affairs
- Finance Directors
- VPs/Directors of Marketing
- VPs/Directors of Sales
- VPs/Directors of Medical Affairs
- Compliance Directors
- Compliance Officer/Manager
- Legal Counsel
For more information about Proactive Compliance with State-by-State Marketing Restrictions and Disclosures, call ePharmaceuticals at 877-437-4276, e-mail email@example.com, or visit: http://hcmarketplace.com/prod-4745-EZ50367A.html
Join us TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2006, 1:00-2:30 P.M. (Eastern) for Proactive Compliance with State-by-State Marketing Restrictions and Disclosures beginning at 1 p.m. (Eastern). For more information or to register, visit our Website. If you prefer, call our Customer Service Team at (877) 437-4276. Just mention Source Code EZ50367A to place your order. And remember, you may register now and pay later. Simply choose the "Bill Me" option and we will send you an invoice.
ePharmaceuticals, a division of Marblehead MA-based HCPro, Inc., provides business intelligence, compliance training, market research reports, and custom publishing services to the pharmaceutical industry. Publications include ePharm5, a daily business and marketing innovation newsletter, Medicare & Reimbursement Advisor Weekly, and Compliance Alert for Drug Sales and Marketing.