Thirteenth National HIPAA Summit, September 24 - 27, 2006, Presents In-Depth HIPAA Compliance Strategies
- The Leading Forum on Healthcare EDI, Privacy, Confidentiality, Data Security and HIPAA Compliance
- Collocate with Third National HIT Summit
- Featuring Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), Certified Professional in Electronic Health Records (CPEHR) and Certified Professional in Health Information Technology (CPHIT)
- September 24 - 27, 2006, at the Washington DC Renaissance Hotel, Washington, DC
WASHINGTON DC USA -- HIT/HIPAA UPDATE NEWS SERVICE (TM) -- JUNE 23, 2006: The Thirteenth National HIPAA Summit, www.HIPAASummit.com, which will be held at the Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill on September 24 - 27, 2006 in Washington, DC, announced today many of the topics that will be addressed. The Summit will be collocated with the Third Health Information Technology Summit, www.HITSummit.com. The HIPAA Summit is sponsored by over 50 major associations and publications.
HIPAA SUMMIT FEATURED SPECIAL SESSIONS:
HIPAA SUMMIT CO CHAIRS:
- WEDI Preconference Symposium: Security and Privacy Issues in Electronic Health Records Acquisition and Implementation
- Keynote Address: Assessment of HIPAA Implementation and Compliance and the Implications of New Legislation
- HIPAA Years In Review - What a Short, Strange Trip It's Been
- Transactions and Code Sets and the National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Live Roundtable Report from the X12
- Advanced Strategies for NPI Implementation Compliance
- ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Update
- HIPAA Transactions - The Next Generations
- On the Road to Interoperability: CORE Phase I Rules Certification Testing
- The Office for Civil Rights and Health Care Privacy
- HIPAA Privacy: A Three Year Look Back
- An Overview of State Privacy Laws and Preemption Issues Under HIPAA
- Data Breach Prevention 101 and Lessons Learned
- Responding to Your Worse Security Breach Nightmare: When Patient Information is Stolen
- HIPAA and Identity Theft
- How the Heck did this Happen?? Simple Security Mistakes that Can Lead to Disaster
- How to Respond to a Data Breach - It's not just about HIPAA Anymore
- Computer Forensics as a Part of a Security Incident Response Program
- Automating Security Management: Are we There Yet?
- Secure Transmission Workshop
- Achieving HIPAA Security Compliance in a Non-Acute Care Environment
- HIPAA, Providers and Health Plans: What Does Your Provider Agreement Say?
- HIPAA and JCAHO Requirements Compared and Contrasted
- Mind Your Own Business...Associates: Conducting BAA Audits
- Privacy and Security in a Federated Research Network
- Post-HIPAA Implementation of Employee Wellness Programs: Practical Tips and Pitfalls
- How to Conduct an Investigation and Use the Results for Continual Process Improvement
- Achieving Continuous HIPAA Compliance - Tips & Tricks
- HIPAA LIVE! From Plan to Breach To Investigation to Resolution
- Digital Evidence Handling: Chain of Custody
- Close Encounters of the Data Kind: Data Capture from the Actual Medical Record to Validate Accuracy in Reporting
- Responding to Government Subpoenas and other Official Inquiries under HIPAA
- Privacy and Security Enforcement: An In-Depth Exploration of Federal Civil Enforcement
- Privacy and Security Enforcement: An In-Depth Exploration of Federal Criminal Enforcement
- Building Statewide Implementation Strategies for Successful Health Information Exchange (HIE) Implementation
- Managing Patient Authorization in Regional Health Information Organizations
- Realizing the National Health IT Strategy through the Adoption of a Standardized Digital Identity Solution
William R. Braithwaite, MD, Ph.D.
"Doctor HIPAA", Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, eHealth Initiative, Former Senior Advisor on Health Information Policy, Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC
Alan S. Goldberg, JD, LLM
Partner, Goulston & Storrs, Adjunct Professor of Law, University of Maryland School of Law and Suffolk University Law School and Past President, American Health Lawyers Association, Washington, DC
Steven S. Lazarus, Ph.D., FHIMSS
President, Boundary Information Group and Past Chair, WEDI, Denver, CO
John C. Parmigiani
Senior Vice President for Consulting Services, QuickCompliance, Inc., Former Director of Enterprise Standards, HCFA, Ellicott City, MD
CPEHR AND CPHIT TRAINING AND EXAMINATION OFFERED AT HIT SUMMIT:
The HIPAA Summit will offer Health IT Certification, www.HealthITCertification.com, Certified Professional in Electronic Health Records (CPEHR) and Certified Professional in Health Information Technology (CPHIT) training and the CPEHR and CPHIT certification examinations.
CIPP TRAINING AND EXAMINATION OFFERED AT HIPAA SUMMIT:
The HIPAA Summit will offer International Association of Privacy Professional, www.PrivacyAssociation.org, Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) training and the CIPP certification examination.
CISSP EXAMINATIONS OFFERED AT HIPAA SUMMIT:
The HIPAA Summit will offer the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP(r)) examination.
EXHIBIT & SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION:
For sponsorship and exhibit information contact Joni Lipson, Exhibit Manager, 215-599-6626 phone, 215-545-8107 fax, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further registration information, go to www.HIPAASummit.com, call 800-684-4549, email email@example.com or write:
HIPAA Summit Office
7790 Barberry Ave.
Yucca Valley, CA USA 92284