National Audioconference: Innovative State Based Health Information Exchange Programs
- Thursday, April 20, 2006
- 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm (Eastern)
- 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm (Central)
- 11:00 am - 12:30 pm (Mountain)
- 10:00 am - 11:30 am (Pacific)
WASHINGTON DC USA -- HIT/HIPAA UPDATE NEWS SERVICE (TM) -- MARCH 16, 2006: The National Audioconference: Innovative State Based Health Information Exchange Programs has been scheduled for Thursday April 20, 2006 from 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm (Eastern). The audioconferences is jointly sponsored by the HIT Audioconferences, www.HITAudioconferences.com and the Medicaid Audioconferences, www.MedicaidAudioconferences.com.
ABOUT THE AUDIOCONFERENCE:
As the states grapple with how to use health information technology to improve healthcare quality and potentially reduce costs, the National HIT and Medicaid Audioconferences opened registration today for the third in a series of audioconferences: Innovative State-Based Health Information Exchange Programs.
The audioconference will be April 20, 2006 from 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 pm (EDT). Experts from the federal government, state based programs, and the private sector will discuss how providers are rolling out a health information exchange infrastructure and supporting technologies, including electronic health records, electronic lab reporting, and electronic prescribing. This audioconference will create an interactive forum to discuss AHRQ's recent report titled "State HIE Evolution: A Study of Vision, Strategy, and Progress" which examines unique state government and HIT programs to develop and integrate new HIE initiatives. Experts on the call will discuss the complexities and opportunities involved for stakeholders in adopting recommendations from the federal level and showing how systems perform at the market level.
- Mark Frisse, MD, MBA, MSc, Director, Regional Health Initiatives, Vanderbilt Center for Better Health, Nashville, TN
- Sheera Rosenfeld, Manager, Avalere Health, Washington DC
- Scott Young, MD, Director for Health Information Technology, Agency for Health Care Quality and Research, Rockville, MD
- Shannah Koss, Director, Health Information Technology Practice, Avalere Health, Washington DC (Moderator)
The Audioconference agenda is set forth in Eastern Daylight Time below:
WHAT IS AN AUDIOCONFERENCE?
- 1:00 pm Introduction of the Faculty - Shannah Koss, Avalere Health (Moderator)
- 1:05 pm Introductory Remarks - Agenda Review and Brief Overview of Recent Federal, State, and Industry Trends Driving Specific HIE Practices - Shannah Koss, Avalere Health
- 1:15 pm Key Considerations in State-Based HIE Programs and an Examination of Case Studies - Sheera Rosenfeld, Avalere Health
- Federal and State Engagement in HIE Programs
- Program Characteristics: Goals, Stakeholders, Financing Strategies Target Populations, and Barriers to Diffusion
- Implications for State and Federal Policymakers
- 1:30 pm State Perspective and Front Line Evidence - Mark Frisse, Vanderbilt Center for Better Health
- Implementation, Challenges, and Lessons Learned
- Stakeholder Engagement and Opportunities
- Implications for National HIE Policy
- 1:45 pm AHRQ's Role in Promoting HIE Adoption - Scott Young, ARHQ
- Perspective on Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation Grants
- Evolution of Federal Role in HIE Activities
- 2:00 pm Moderator's Comments, Facilitated Discussion and Audience Questions - Shannah Koss (Moderator)
- 2:30 pm Audioconference Adjournment
It is a live event that includes session handouts, an interactive question and answer period, and access for an unlimited number of participants at each call-in site. However, only one site can be offered per registration. It is impermissible for an organization to purchase one registration and to operate multiple sites through an internal telephone system. During the live Audioconference participants will be able to ask questions and make comments. The Audioconference faculty has agreed to take follow-up questions via email. Audioconferences are simple, accessible, cost effective and reach a broad audience locally.
SAVE THE DATE:
NATIONAL MEDICAID CONGRESS
Strategies for Navigating the New Medicaid
Powered by the Avalere Health
Sponsored by Health Affairs and Harvard Health Policy Review
June 4 - 6, 2006
The Audioconference Registration Fee is $345 per Site. No limit to number of attendees per site.
Purchase the Audioconference CD-ROM for $345.
Or register for the audioconference and receive the CD-ROM for $495.
You can register online at: https://ehcca.com/commerce/audioconference/index.php?acc=regform&id_product=28.
Alternatively, you can download and print the Audioconference Registration Form from the website:
The completed form can be faxed to 760-418-8084 or sent to:
7790 Barberry Ave
Yucca Valley, CA USA 92284