Treat Yourself to Warm Las Vegas and Become EHR/HIT Certified|
- CPEHR and CPHIT Onsite Training and Certification Examinations January 22 - 24, 2007 in Las Vegas, NV
- New curriculum is the most up to date and in depth EHR and HIT training content available today
- CPEHR and CPHIT are professional certifications directly relevant to national health information technology and electronic health record initiatives
- CPEHR and CPHIT professional certification examinations offered both onsite and online
- Over 400 individuals currently certified
- For more information go to www.HealthITCertification.com
Contact: Steven S. Lazarus or Jean Van Horn
WASHINGTON DC, USA -- HIT/HIPAA UPDATE NEWS SERVICE -- DECEMBER 26, 2006: Health IT Certification, www.HealthITCertification.com, announced today that it will offer onsite Certified Professional in Electronic Health Records (CPEHR) and Certified Professional in Health Information Technology (CPHIT) training and certification examinations in Las Vegas, NV on January 22 - 24, 2007.
THE NEW CHEHR AND CPHIT CURRICULUM:
Health IT Certification is pleased to announce six new courses for its professional certification program and a revision of the curriculum to reflect the specific knowledge needed by advanced users of Electronic Health Records (EHR) to achieve patient safety and care coordination goals. In addition, the new and updated curriculum reflects changes in the healthcare industry over the last six months.
THE CPEHR AND CPHIT CREDENTIALS:
Health IT Certification provides professional training and certification for those responsible for planning, selecting, implementing, and managing Electronic Health Records (EHR) and other health information technology (HIT).
The designation of Certified Professional in Health Information Technology (CPHIT) indicates that the holder has mastered the Common Body of Knowledge covering planning, selecting, implementing, using, and managing Health Information Technology (HIT) and Electronic Health Record (EHR) applications. In addition to the four Core content courses, CPHIT includes six courses designed to prepare the individual to plan, select, and implement HIT. It is designed primarily for individuals responsible for HIT (including EHR) planning and selection.
The designation of Certified Professional in Electronic Health Records (CPEHR) indicates that the holder has mastered the Common Body of Knowledge covering planning, implementation, operation of EHR for knowledge management, quality improvement, patient safety, and care coordination. The CPEHR curriculum addresses strategies to make the most of an EHR investment, enhancing capabilities, using new technologies, and building value. In addition to the Core content, six courses are offered that address the advanced ongoing management and use of EHR applications in provider organizations. It is designed primarily for individuals responsible for EHR ongoing operations, enhancements and advanced utilization.
HEALTH IT CERTIFICATION TRAINING FACULTY:
To view Health IT Certification's Training Faculty click here.
DISTINGUISHED ADVISORY BOARD:
To view Health IT Certification's Advisory Board click here.
HEALTH IT CERTIFICATION TESTIMONIALS
Here are comments from the class of CPEHR and CPHIT trainees:
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT:
- Excellent format! I liked this approach very much because I'm "non-technical" and I have an interest in input EHR, output EHR and also integrated delivery systems from an insurance and DZ management perspective.
- Overall, the information presented was very detailed and provided me with a great experience.
- Really excellent content, very well done - good overview, very practical.
- Good mix of historical experience and current knowledge.
- I learned useful information on the planning for HER.
- Good course for a foreigner as well. EHR is a big issue in Japan, too. It will be helpful for nurses in Japan to take this course in Japanese online.
- Very good course covering lots of different topics. I really enjoyed the different speakers - they were all very knowledgeable and good speakers and kept things moving along but still interesting.
- The online system was great, easy to access and the content easily understood.
- Excellent overview presented in a simplistic fashion which was useful and pertinent.
- Very good overview of steps/issues to be considered prior to the selection of an EHR.
- Excellent overview of legal issues and how there laws impact HIT. Very insightful and engaging style of delivery. An area that could be expanded for further training.
- Very informative and pertinent delivery of issues that realistically need to be addressed and considered; excellent overall.
- This was an excellent conference overall. Thanks for presenting the information.
- Absolutely outstanding!
- I will encourage more people to take this course. When we interact with vendors we feel more prepared.
- This was extremely well presented + very informative!
- Coming from a technology arena I thought both of today's sessions were conducive to aligning the business community with I.T.. This course should be mandatory, I believe, for cross-functional project teams and selection committees.
- As a DOQ-IT Project Director, I will use the information gained in consulting with physician offices who are implementing an EHR: i.e., assessment, workflow, vendor selection assistance, implementation, planning, etc.
- I will share (knowledge gained from the program) with our committees where we are on track, ahead, or behind.
- I will be incorporating new techniques for project management.
- Nice representation of HIT/EHR body of knowledge.
- Great overview of organizations driving Health IT initiatives.
- Really nice overview of project management.
- To this point, I have learned a great deal that will undoubtedly improve our current practices (referring to the managing EHR return on investment course).
- We are in the process for looking for an EMR. These courses have brought any number of things for us to consider - very enlightening and will save us money, time, and frustration.
- Extremely useful information -- nicely presented (referring to Course VI, Managing EHR Return on Investment)
- Appreciate tying slides to "real" stories from clients (referring to Course VII, EHR System Selection).
- Excellent chapter focused on pulling everything together (referring to Course VIII EHR Implementation and Support).
- Migration path and vision will be a fundamental and important part of the EHR selection.
- Excellent materials, very informative.
- My goal of session - to "validate" my experience in HIT/HIM for the EHR fulfilled. I felt I was able to "fill the gaps" between formal education and experience and gained helpful insights of where I can be instrumental to my organization in the EHR planning and implementation.
- Project management opportunities might even be a future consideration for me personally - my interest is definitely peaked.
- I found the samples very helpful/applicable. Excellent overview of EHR. If this "certification" is intended for individuals in the health care organization to better understand how to go about selecting and implementing the EHR, then you did your job.
- I really enjoyed the class. It was very informative. It will be interesting to see what the area looks like in another 10 or 20 years.
- A great experience. Very informative. I believe that it will help me do my job better.
- I don't know if I'll make changes, but I feel much more knowledgeable and confident in decision making and input.
- There were many key points discussed. Using this knowledge in the day to day work environment will impact approach and overall workflow.
- Excellent conference. Would like to talk to you about future conferences -- customized for our hospital CEO's & medical staff.
- I am looking forward to maintaining this credential and I wanted to let you know that it was a very productive and enlightening workshop that I attended in Chicago.
- Congratulations to the faculty! It is an exciting and authoritative program!
Individuals who take the onsite training curriculum will qualify for the following categories of Continuing Education Credit: AAPC (pending), ACCME, ACPE, ANCC and CA BRN, HCCB (pending), MCLE and NASBA.
FOR REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
Call 1-800-684-4549, send e-mail to registration@HealthITCertification.com, or visit the Health IT Certification website at www.healthitcertification.com/regonsite.html.