MANASQUAN, NJ, USA -- HEALTHCARE UPDATE NEWS SERVICE -- OCTOBER 10, 2006: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has changed the method for reimbursing hospitals for inpatient stays for fiscal year (FY) 2007. It is the first significant change in the reimbursement system since it was first implemented in 1983. The revised payments will be effective for discharges on or after October 1st.
Medicare's inpatient rates for operating expenses will increase by 3.4 percent in FY 2007 for those hospitals that report quality data to CMS. Overall, the changes are estimated to increase payments to acute care hospitals by $3.4 billion.
Join Healthcare Reimbursement Monitor and the reimbursement experts of BESLER Consulting, a leading advisory firm in healthcare financial management and operations, to get a better understanding of the new Medicare methodology and how it will affect your organization in this special 90-minute live audio conference scheduled for Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 1:30 PM Eastern time.
Early Bird Savings!
Save $50 when you register by October 13
For more information or to register, visit:
The goal, according to CMS, is to improve the accuracy of Medicare's payment for inpatient stays. The payment reforms, which will be phased in over time, align hospital payments more closely with the costs of a patient's care by using hospital costs rather than charges, and by accounting more fully for the severity of the patient's condition.
Listen in to this program for a comprehensive review of the Medicare FY 2007 Inpatient Prospective Payment System 2007 Final Rule Changes changes affecting acute care hospitals, post acute care, skilled nursing facilities, inpatient psychiatric, partial hospitalization, and Medicare managed care.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS AUDIO CONFERENCE?:
- Details on the transition from charge-based to cost-based reimbursement
- Review of specific DRG changes including 20 new groups
- Discussion on key areas of reimbursement, such as wage index (including occupational mix) and IME/GME
- Updates on other health care facility proposed/final regulations
- The financial implications of these changes
- Live question and answer session
CEOs, COOs, CFOs, vice president of finance, director of reimbursement, vice president of operations, strategic and implementation consultants, operations executives, executive directors, team leaders, planners, product managers, knowledge managers, department heads, medical directors, director of managed care, director of contracting, network development and provider services directors, strategic planners, healthcare management, TPAs, network managers, physician practice management, company executives, medical management directors, PHO and IPA leadership, analysts, implementer consultants, account services and administration executives.
CAN'T MAKE IT ON OCTOBER 19?:
Order the audio conference on CD and conference materials: www.healthresourcesonline.com/edu/mip.htm
[ ] YES, I want to participate in the 90-minute audio conference "Management Briefing: Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment System 2007 Final Rule Changes," scheduled for October 19, 2006 at 1:30 PM Eastern time.
Five Easy Ways to Reserve Your Copy:
Early Bird Registration Prices (Save $50 if you register by October 13!):
- Online at: www.healthresourcesonline.com/edu/mippg.htm
- E-mail us at: email@example.com
- Contact us toll-free at: (800) 516-4343
- Fax registration to: (888) 329-6242
- Mail registration to: Managed Care Information Center, Dept. ECDRPT96PG,
P.O. Box 559, Allenwood, NJ 08720
- Live Conference and Half-Price CD: $327 per site to participate in the conference and receive the CD-ROM of the conference, including the conference materials. ($377 after October 13)
- Live Conference Only: $227 per site to participate in the live program and receive the conference materials. ($277 after October 13)
- CD-ROM and Conference Materials Only: $227 for the audio conference CD and conference materials if you cannot participate in the live conference. The CD is shipped approximately three weeks after the program.
To download a form for mail or fax registrations, visit: www.healthresourcesonline.com/acreg.pdf.
Important: Please include your name, title, organization, mailing address, telephone, fax, email address with your order and reference this code to ensure this early bird discount price: EMIPAC106PG. All registrations must include a payment made out to the Health Resources Publishing or creditcard information (name on card, number and expire date).
ABOUT HEALTH REIMBURSEMENT MONITOR:
This monthly newsletter gives you the full breadth of coverage of news and information that relates to how your organization gets paid. Each issue provides updates on all aspects of the healthcare reimbursement spectrum from all payors including managed care, updates on Medicaid and Medicare budget and reimbursement issues; and reimbursement news for top financial management. It includes the collective thinking of some of the nation's leading healthcare reimbursement specialists and consulting firms; what they are suggesting, strategies, actions you can take, news of survey results, special studies and reports.