Contact: Robert Jenkins, Sr.
CEO, The Managed Care Information Center
Phone: (800) 516-4343
MANASQUAN, NJ -- HEALTHCARE UPDATE NEWS SERVICE -- NOVEMBER 28, 2006: The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has announced its final rule for billing and coding outpatient and ASC services for Medicare payments effective on January 1, 2007. Included in the final outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS) rule are substantial changes to APCs.
The final rule affects outpatient services furnished by general acute care hospitals, inpatient rehabilitation facilities, inpatient psychiatric facilities, long-term acute care hospitals, children's hospitals, and cancer hospitals. Although CMS projects that the changes will result in an average increase of 3% in Medicare payments for outpatient services over 2006, there are substantial payment decreases in certain areas.
Looking for a comprehensive summary of the changes?
Join Healthcare Reimbursement Monitor and the reimbursement experts of Besler Consulting, a leading advisory firm in healthcare financial management and operations, to get a better understanding of the new Medicare coding and reimbursement changes for OPPS and how it will impact your organization in this special 90-minute audio conference scheduled for Thursday, December 7, 2006 at 1:30 PM Eastern time.
Early Bird Savings!
Save $50 when you register by December 1
For more information or to register, visit:
The CMS has laid out almost 500 changes that will affect the codes hard coded in the chargemaster for 2007, including 70 deleted codes and over 100 new codes that need to be reviewed. The payment reforms also include provisions expanding quality reporting requirements for hospital inpatient services.
Listen in to this program with your staff members for a comprehensive review of the Medicare FY 2007 Outpatient Prospective Payment System final rule changes and hear how it will affect your organization. All areas discussed will focus on both coding and reimbursement impacts.
Senior Manager, Reimbursement
Tina has over 14 years of experience and is responsible for a number of issues/projects related to Medicare/ Medicaid regulatory review for numerous types of healthcare facilities, such as acute care hospitals, psychiatric and rehabilitation facilities. More...
Senior Manager, Chargemaster
With over 25 years of varied healthcare experience, Vickie assists hospitals with the implementation of APCs, CPT coding guidelines and regulations, charge description master (CDM) reviews, chart to bill audits and collateral information systems analysis. More...
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS AUDIO CONFERENCE?
- The new 2007 Medicare code deletions, additions, and changes including:
- Big changes to radiology codes
- Infusion therapy changes again, the 3rd time in 3 years
- Respiratory care code changes
- The reimbursement impact of the changes
- The Q Status Indicator and how to use it with the new codes assigned to it
- The new changes in payment for pharmacy-as status indicator
- Outline of the new quality reporting requirements
- Review of per diem reductions for partial hospitalization services
- Drug, biological and radiopharmaceutical reimbursement for 2007
- Payments for emergency room services... find out what was finalized
- LIVE question and answer session
CEOs, COOs, CFOs, vice president of finance, director of reimbursement, patient financial services, chargemaster coordinators, coding supervisors, revenue cycle coordinators, financial planners, health information management, vice president of operations, strategic and implementation consultants, operations executives, executive directors, team leaders, planners, product managers, knowledge managers, department heads, medical directors, director of managed care, director of contracting, network development and provider services directors, strategic planners, healthcare management, TPAs, network managers, company executives, medical management directors, analysts, account services and administration executives.
CAN'T MAKE IT ON DECEMBER 7?
Order the audio conference on CD and conference materials:
Management Briefing: New Medicare 2007 Oupatient
Coding and Reimbursement Final Rule Changes
[ ] YES! I need to know about the latest CMS changes to the outpatient prospective payment system effective on January 1. Please sign me up for the 90-minute audio conference "Management Briefing: New Medicare 2007 Outpatient Coding and Reimbursement Final Rule Changes," scheduled for December 7, 2006 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM Eastern time.
Five Easy Ways to Register:
Early Bird Registration Prices (Save $50 if you register by December 1):
- Online at: www.healthresourcesonline.com/edu/mopacpg.htm
- Email us at: email@example.com
- Contact us toll-free at: 1-800-516-4343
- Fax registration to: 1-888-329-6242
- Mail registration to: Health Resources Publishing, Dept. EMOPAC126PG, PO Box 559, Allenwood, NJ 08720
- Live Conference and Half-Price CD: $327 per site to participate in the conference and receive the CD-ROM of the conference, including the conference materials. ($377 after December 1)
- Live Conference Only: $227 per site to participate in the live program and receive the conference materials. ($277 after December 1)
- CD-ROM and Conference Materials Only: $227 for the audio conference CD and conference materials if you cannot participate in the live conference. The CD is shipped approximately three weeks after the program.
To download a form for mail or fax registrations, visit: www.healthresourcesonline.com/acreg.pdf
Important: Please include your name, title, organization, mailing address, telephone, fax, email address with your order and reference this code to ensure this early bird discount price: EMOPAC126PG. All registrations must include a payment made out to the Health Resources Publishing or credit card information (name on card, number and expire date).
How The Audio Conference Works:
"Attend" this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings no travel time or hassle; no hotel expenses. It's so convenient!
Invite your staff members to participate. Your registration fee covers ONE telephone hookup from your site. Include as many individuals from your organization as you wish there is no additional charge. Gather in a conference room and use a speakerphone.
The conference lasts 90 minutes. This includes ample time for the question and answer period. No special equipment is needed. After you register, you will receive instructions via email on how to dial into the conference and how to download the conference materials, so be sure to include your email address.