Be the First Learn About 2007 Health Plan Premium Rates, 2007 Health Care Trends, and
Medicare's New Efforts to Control Cost for Patients With Chronic Conditions|
3 Separate Live Audio Conference Events You'll Want To Attend!!
Featured as Part of the "Fifth Annual Managing Health Care Costs Web Summit"
Contact: Patty Jamison
Healthcare Web Summit Office
Phone: (209) 577-4888
MODESTO, CA -- HEALTHCARE UPDATE NEWS SERVICE(TM) -- NOVEMBER 2, 2006: MCOL's Healthcare Web Summit division invites healthcare executives and allied healthcare professionals to attend the Fifth Annual Managing Health Care Costs Web Summit, an online conference including live audio conferences, online presentations and podcasts, beginning November 13 through November 17, 2006. Participants will be able to attend three live audio conference sessions; visit 38 faculty online presentations from nationally recognized thought leaders; interact with faculty via email; download 7 different faculty podcasts; plus receive video clips, and additional features.
MANAGING HEALTH CARE COSTS WEB SUMMIT FACULTY:
WEB SUMMIT TRACKS:
- Bill Barre, VP, Strategic Network Development, Medimpact
- Linda Cahn, President and CEO, Pharmacy Benefit Consultants
- Eric D. Coburn, Principal, Shattuck Hammond Partners
- Paul Crowley, Consultant, Towers Perrin Health & Welfare Practice
- William DeMarco, President, DeMarco and Associates
- Don Fralic, President, MedisaveRx
- Thomas Kaye, RPh, MBA, Senior Pharmacy Director, Passport Health Plan
- Beverly Kennedy, President, First Data Healthcare Services
- Peter R. Kongstvedt, MD, Partner, Health & Life Sciences, Accenture
- Vince Kuraitis, Principal, Better Health Technologies
- Harry Leider, MD, MBA, Chief Medical Officer, XLHealth
- Mark Olson, Principal and Consulting Actuary, Towers Perrin Health & Welfare Practice
- Phillip L Polakoff, MD, MPH, Senior Vice President, Medical Affairs, ACS Healthcare Solutions
- Jerry Reeves MD, Chief Medical Officer, H.E.R.E.I.U. Welfare Funds
- Marybeth Regan, PhD, Consultant
- Eric Remjeske, Partner & Co-Founder, Devenir Group
- Clive Riddle, President, MCOL
- Cora M. Tellez, President & CEO, Sterling HSA
- Michael J. Thompson, FSA, MAAA, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Dolores Yanagihara, Program Development Manager, Integrated Healthcare Association
WEB SUMMIT PODCASTS:
- Industry Trends and Strategies
- Consumer Driven Care Initiatives
- Provider and Patient Care Issues
- Prescription Drug Issues
- Live Audio conference/ Webcasts
- Archives from 2005 Web Summit
LIVE AUDIO CONFERENCE/WEBCASTS:
- Drug Utilization Programs, an interview with Bill Barre, VP, Strategic Network Development, Medimpact
- The State of the Managed Care Industry, an interview with Eric Coburn, Principal, Shattuck Hammond Partners
- Pay and Performance, an interview with William J. DeMarco, President & CEO, DeMarco and Associates
- The Deficit Reduction Act of 2005; an interview with Thomas Kaye, RPh, MBA, Senior Pharmacy Director, Passport Health Plan
- Medicare Health Support; an interview with Vince Kuraitis, Principal, Better Health Technologies
- A New Era in Health Care Consumerism an interview with Phillip L Polakoff, MD, MPH, National Leader, Lifetime Health Solutions, Buck Consultants
- A 360 Degree View of Healthcare Consumerism, an interview with Michael J. Thompson, FSA, MAAA, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers
The Audioconference/ Webcasts involve a live audioconference with the companion on-line presentation. The Live Audioconference / Webcasts are part of your Healthcare Web Summit package, and require no additional fee to participate. However, you may choose to participate in just one of the Audioconferences, and not the entire Web Summit package. To register for a single Audio Conference for $195, sign up at: https://www.managedcarestore.com/summitaudio.htm.
Topic: Health Care Trends 2007|
Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Time: 1 PM Eastern
Speaker: Peter R. Kongstvedt, M.D. , Partner, Health & Life Sciences, Accenture, Vienna, Virginia.
Dr. Kongstvedt will identify key issues and responses that are likely to shape the health care landscape throughout the upcoming 2007 year.
Sign up at: www.healthwebsummit.com/kongstvedt06.htm
Topic: 2007 Health Plan Premium Rate Increases & Trends|
Date: Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Time: 1 PM Eastern
Speakers: Mark Olson, Principal and Consulting Actuary & Paul Crowley, Consultant,
Towers Perrin Health & Welfare Practice
This presentation will discuss employer health plan premium rate increases and trends for 2007, based upon Towers Perrin research.
Sign up at: www.healthwebsummit.com/towers06.htm
Topic: Can Medicare Control Costs for Patients With Chronic Conditions? Medicare Health Support (MHS) and Other Pilot Projects|
Date: Friday, November 17, 2006
Time: 1 PM Eastern
Speakers: Vince Kuraitis, Principal, Better Health Technologies and Harry Leider, MD, MBA, Chief Medical Officer, XLHealth
Vince Kuraitis will provide a brief history of Medicare Health Support and other demonstration/pilot projects involving chronic care; outlines a summary of current projects; reviews early lessons learned; and discusses the future of MHS and Medicare efforts to control costs for patients with chronic conditions.
Dr. Leider discusses XLHealth's approach to the Medicare Health Support (MHS) project; provides a comparison and contrast of XLHealth's approach to the other MHS projects; addresses the cost-cutting potential for MHS, and reviews the early challenges and early successes experienced with the project.
Sign up at: www.healthwebsummit.com/kuraitis06.htm
MORE WEB SUMMIT FEATURES:
- Gain an overall sense of the major trends and issues shaping health care cost management for the coming year and beyond, and predications from leading sources.
- Obtain a detailed understanding of applicable health care cost management initiatives through presentations involving case studies, and on various strategies currently being deployed in the marketplace.
- Understand current developments in care management components including Disease Management, Pay for Performance, and Pharmaceutical Management.
- Receive a snapshot of the current data on health care and premium cost increases, and benefit changes through consumer cost sharing.
- Experience e-learning at the attendees' convenience, with faculty presentations, podcasts, video clips and web summit resources available 24/7
- Engage in interactive learning and networking through e-inquiries with faculty, and live audioconferences.
- Obtain reference resources for ongoing use including Key Facts presentation and Survey Results.
For more information on Summit Features, please visit: www.healthwebsummit.com/mcfeatures.htm.
SINGLE AUDIO CONFERENCE PRICE:
Sign up for a single Audio Conference for $195 at: https://www.managedcarestore.com/summitaudio.htm.
WEB SUMMIT PACKAGE PRICE:
Individual Registration Fee: $495
Web Summit CD-ROM* for Attendees: $20
Web Summit CD-ROM* for Non-Attendees after the event: $515
Group Discounts and Corporate Site License pricing info available at: www.healthwebsummit.com/corprice.htm.
*Web Summit CD-ROM includes all faculty presentations, podcasts, audio conference recordings, video clips, and e-poll results.
HEALTHCARE WEB SUMMIT EVENTS: AUDIO CONFERENCES & WEB SEMINARS:
- Online: https://www.managedcarestore.com/summit.htm
- Call: Healthcare Web Summit office at: 209.577.4888
- Fax: Print off registration form at: www.managedcarestore.com/hwsorder.pdf and fax to: 209.577.3557
- Mail: Print off registration form at: www.managedcarestore.com/hwsorder.pdf and mail to:
Healthcare Web Summit Office
1101 Standiford Avenue, Suite C-3
Modesto, CA 95350
Healthcare Web Summit Events feature audio conferences and web seminars that let you get the information you need and do-it-all without having to leave your home or office, or having to adjust your schedule. Experience e-learning, gain market intelligence, identify solutions, interact with faculty, network and share experiences with attendees, gather data resources and more. www.healthwebsummit.com.