Press Release: Don't miss out - REGISTER TODAY for This Free Conference Being Held Thursday and Friday, December 7-8, 2006, in Washington, DC
The Hon. Barack Obama (Invited)|
Mark McClellan, MD, PhD (Invited)
Former administrator of CMS and FDA
Carolyn Clancy, M.D.
UK Department of Health
Glenn Steele, M.D., Ph.D.
Geisinger Health System
WASHINGTON DC USA -- HIT/HIPAA UPDATE NEWS SERVICE(TM) -- NOVEMBER 7, 2006: Consumer advocates, health care leaders, government officials, and others will lead thought-provoking discussions about how personal health technologies can help people manage their health in unprecedented ways. Top-tier speakers will lead sessions on the most-pressing policies and public perceptions surrounding consumer access to electronic personal health information.
View the program agenda at www.PHRconference.org/agenda.php.
Hotel rooms are going fast.
TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:
Book your hotel reservation now. See hotel information on our travel page: www.PHRconference.org/travel.php.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Latest consumer technology innovations.
- Consumer input in health data exchange.
- Real-world lessons from personal health record (PHR) and health information technology (IT) applications.
- Improving information access while protecting privacy.
- The role of CMS and other payers.
- Critical issues such as usability and business models.
- The federal role in encouraging consumer engagement in health IT.
- Much, much more.
- Federal, state, and local policymakers
- Health researchers and public health officials
- Patient, consumer, and caregiver advocates
- Health care purchasers, including employers and unions
- Organizers of RHIOs (Regional Health Information Organizations)
- Physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals
- Technology vendors
- Representatives of health plans
Extra! -- One-Day Pre-Conference Symposium
Consumers and Health Information Exchange 101
Wednesday, December 6, 2006 - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Beginner-level sessions on:
- Personal Health Records
- Health Information Networks
- Privacy, Access, and Control of Information
Plan now -- or register a colleague -- to attend this one-day tutorial. Expert speakers will provide a beginner's-level understanding of the practicalities and policies that make up the current health IT environment.
Seating will be limited. Place your name on the list now: www.PHRconference.org/register.php.
View the agenda: www.PHRconference.org/agenda.php.