Contact: Laurie O'Brien
Audio Seminar on Managing Business Processes in NPI Implementation
March 23, 2006, 1:00 - 2:30 EST
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, March 22nd at 5:00 p.m. EST
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC USA -- HIT/HIPAA UPDATE NEWS SERVICE(TM) -- MARCH 3, 2006: Implementing the National Provider Identifier in your organization will change the structure of several systems, including how you are paid, your billing systems, your adjudication process, and reimbursement contracts. While managing changes to these business processes, you also must assure that patient access to healthcare is not restricted, quality of care is not compromised, and that providers will be assured of proper and timely payment for healthcare services rendered.
In a 90-minute audio seminar, top industry leaders will help you strategize your application and maintain or boost your revenue stream without losing ground or cash flow.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- What documents you'll need to apply for an NPI
- Who is eligible, who is required, who is ineligible, and benefits of getting one
- How to develop your compliance strategy
- Real world implications of bulk enumeration
- How to map provider data workflow throughout the organization
- Benefits to your organization and the implications if you don't obtain an NPI
- Application/Implementation timeline (research, planning, applying, disclosing, issues)
- Where to go for help
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Michael Apfel serves as the Chief Privacy Officer at Truman Medical Centers in Kansas City, Missouri. He has served in healthcare for 20 years in multi-entity hospital organizations and physician practice environments. Working with the HIPAA legislation since 1996, he has provided leadership in all facets of HIPAA. Most recently, he co-authored two WEDI White Papers about the NPI, a WEDI discussion paper on the 835 remittance transaction, and is authoring three new papers on the NPI. Michael serves on the steering committee of the WEDI National Provider Identifier Outreach Initiative and is co-chair for the Initiative's Education and Content Work Group. He speaks regularly about the NPI and presented at the recent HIPAA/HIT Summit and WEDI Conferences.
- Andrea Danes is the Director of Business Development for FOX Systems, Inc., an industry leading consulting firm specializing in services related to healthcare technology adoption and HIPAA compliance, including adoption of the National Provider Identifier (NPI). FOX Systems is the CMS-appointed contractor to manage the NPI enumeration process. Ms. Danes is a 2005 Merit Award recipient and an active member in several of the Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange/Strategic National Implementation Process (WEDI/SNIP) initiatives, including the National Provider Identifier Outreach Initiative (NPIOI) Steering Committee, Co-chair of the NPIOI Marketing and Outreach Committee, member of the Education Committee, and Co-chair of the Business Issues workgroup. She is an advisory board member to the Southern Healthcare Administrative Regional Process Workgroup (SHARPWorkgroup).
- Moderator, Carolyn Hartley, is President, CEO of Physicians EHR and editor-in-chief, The Physician's eHealth Report. She also is co-author of HIPAA Plain and Simple, EHR Implementation: A Step by Step Guide for the Medical Practice, and co-author of the forthcoming book, Technical and Financial Guide to EHR Implementation published by the American Medical Association.
WHAT IS AN AUDIO SEMINAR?
- Physicians and Office Administrators
- Compliance Managers and Administrators
- Privacy and Security Officers
- Certified Public Accountants
- Billing, Practice Management and EHR Vendors
- Medical Society Executive Directors
- Long Term Care Executives
Audio seminars are live events that include session handouts and briefing materials, an interactive question-and-answer period, and access for an unlimited number of participants at each call-in site.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS?
You will receive a certificate of attendance for 1.5 hours which you can submit to your accrediting board for approval for credit.
PowerPoint slides for you to use as critical points when educating your internal audiences and developing your own NPI application plan.
WHEN: March 23, 2006 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. EST
WHERE: Your Office
We Offer Three Convenient Ways To Register:
- Go online by clicking here. Or, go to www.physiciansehr.com and select Managing Business Processes in NPI Implementation from the main page.
- Call Laurie O'Brien at (816) 309-3896.
- Fax your order to (516) 355-8430. To download the order form, click here.
CAN'T MAKE THE DATE, BUT WISH YOU COULD ATTEND?
- Orders on or before March 20 will receive the early discount price of $199.
(Orders after March 20 will be charged $229.00)
- Audio conference registration and briefing materials, plus a CD set of the seminar that can be used for communication, education, and training, $229 before March 20.
(After March 20, $259.00)
CD recordings of the seminar and briefing materials are available for $199.
For more information, go to www.physiciansehr.com, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (919) 859-9907.