PRESS RELEASE: Upcoming Compliance & Regulatory Pharmaconference: Global Pharma Investigations and the Foreign Corrupt Practice Act|
ALEXANDRIA VA USA -- PHARMA UPDATE NEWS SERVICETM -- MARCH 10, 2006: The Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) announced February 10th, 2006, that Abbott Laboratories has been suspended from membership for six months in connection with "serious breaches" of the ABPI Code of Practice that governs drug marketing. Numerous investigations of pharma sales and marketing practices are underway worldwide as new country specific requirements continue to proliferate. In addition, the U.S. Department of Justice and the Securities & Exchange Commission are investigating many companies under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
Join us on March 15th, 2006 to hear an expert panel, assembled by Rx Compliance Report, address these timely issues.
WHERE & WHEN:
Live, On-Line Web Event
March 15th, 2006
1:00pm - 2:30pm (EST)
TOPICS AND CONFIRMED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
PHARMACONFERNECE WEB EVENT REGISTRATION:
- Update on global investigations into pharma sales and marketing practices and new country- specific rules and regulations
- Ted Acosta, Director of Pharma Compliance, Ernst & Young, New York, NY, Former Senior Attorney, HHS Office of Inspector General
- Update on investigations under the Foreign Corrupt Practice Act
- Joe Tompkins, Partner, Sidley Austin, Washington, DC, Former Deputy Chief of the Fraud Section, U.S. Department of Justice
- How to establish and operationalize global compliance programs
- Marc Farley, Executive Director, Worldwide Office of Healthcare Compliance, Johnson & Johnson, New Brunswick, NJ, Former Assistant U.S. Attorney, District of New Jersey
- Attend the live Web Event for $345
- Or Purchase the Web Conference CD- ROM for $345
- Or Attend the live event AND receive the CD-ROM for $495
Reigister for this Web Event today!
ABOUT RX COMPLIANCE REPORT:
Rx Compliance Report is the only news source devoted exclusively to the government's crackdown on pharmaceutical sales and marketing practices. This 12-page bi-weekly newsletter uncovers emerging investigations and offers practical firsthand advice on implementing effective compliance programs. Rx Compliance Report focuses on state and federal agencies leading these fraud and abuse investigations -- US Dept of Justice, HHS OIG, state Attorneys General, state Medicaid Fraud Control Units, SEC and FTC.