7th Annual Quality Summit & Exhibit
Discover New Ways to Focus on Quality
Contact: Cindy Crawford
Phone: (202) 216-9010
WASHINGTON DC, USA -- HEALTHCARE UPDATE NEWS SERVICE(TM) -- AUGUST 18, 2006: Join nationally respected experts and leaders in health care for in-depth discussion, inspiring ideas and solid business solutions that address issues at the forefront of health care today. Key topics to be addressed include:
Consumer Empowerment and Protection
- Internet in Consumer Driven Health
- Consumer Decision Support Tools in Managing Health
- Information Needs for Patient-Centered Care
- Privacy and Security in Health Information Exchange
Leadership in Care Management
- Effectiveness of Care Management Programs
- Promoting Medication Compliance
- Legislative Updates in Medical Management
- Improving Patient Safety
Best Practices in Quality and Accreditation Initiatives
- Quality Gaps in Pharmacy Benefit Management
- Informed Decision Making with Outcomes Measures
- Quality Improvement Projects
- Provider Data Collection
CEO, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
Arnold Milstein, MD
U.S. Health Care Thought Leader, Mercer Health & Benefits
David Simon, MD
Co-founder and Medical Director, The Chopra Center for Well Being
President, Galen Institute
Founder, The Wahl Group
This dynamic URAC event also includes focused training sessions on URAC Accreditation Standards, an engaging exhibit hall, and valuable networking opportunities with URAC Board and Committee Members and staff, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, and other attendees.
Early-Bird Registration Rate of $650 has been extendeded thru August 31, 2006 -
COMMENTS FROM LAST YEAR'S ATTENDEES:
register online now or call (202) 216-9010.
"Enjoyable conference. Keynote was great!"
"Great conference with excellent speakers."
"Nice location. Great conference. Very knowledgeable presenters!"
"Well prepared speakers and knowledgeable. Excellent facility, food, hospitality."
"The workshops and conference were very informational. Location excellent."
"Thanks for conference - great for networking. Great organization, food, site, etc.; good job."
"Facility was wonderful - including set up of presentation rooms."
"Well organized - great job!"
To view highlights from last year's conference, click here.
EARN CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS:
- Joann Albright, PhD, SVP, Quality, Outcomes, & Research, Magellan Health Services
- Eytan Alpern, MD, Co-Founder, Advanced Medical Reviews
- James Bonk, PhD, Vice President of Clinical Services, NurseWise
- Krissy Cusimano, RN, Director of Quality Improvement, NurseWise
- Sorin Davis, Chairperson, Credentialing Marketing and Communications Committee, CAQH
- Craig Froude, Executive Vice President, WebMD Health Services
- Kenneth Gossett, PhD, Senior Quality Manager, Avatar Comp
- Pam Hara, RN, Senior Vice President, Quality and Outcomes, Healthways, Inc.
- John Jones, R.Ph., JD, VP, Government Affairs and Pharmacy Policy, Prescription Solutions
- Neil Krohn, PhD, Sr. Health Information Consultant, WellPoint Behavioral Health
- Andrew McClure, Director, Health Care Quality, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Tracey Moorhead, Executive Director, Disease Management Association of America
- Agostino Villani, DC, President/CEO, Triad Healthcare
- Richard Weiss, MD, Vice President, MAXIMUS Federal Services, Inc.
This continuing nursing education activity has been approved for 10.2 contact hours by the Virginia Nurses' Association Continuing Education Approval Committee, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This program is pending approval for 8.5 hours of continuing education in Certified Case Manager, Certified Professionals in Utilization Management, Certified Professionals in Utilization Review, and Certified Professionals in Healthcare Quality.
La Costa Resort and Spa
2100 Costa Del Mar Road
Carlsbad, CA 92009
Reservations: (800) 854-5000
La Costa Resort and Spa is a legendary resort known for it's finest in golf and tennis facilities and world-premier spa, nestled amidst the beautiful coastal climate of Carlsbad, California.
A limited number of guest rooms are available for Summit attendees at a discount rate of $225 per night plus tax and a daily resort fee of $16. To make reservations, please contact the hotel before Friday, August 11, 2006 and request the URAC Group Rate.
EXHIBITING AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES:
The URAC 7th Annual Quality Summit and Exhibit offers a wide variety of exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities, suitable for all organizations and budgets. Becoming a conference sponsor or exhibitor is a great way to highlight your organization's commitment to promoting health quality. For detailed information on exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities, view the Exhibitor Prospectus or to discuss opportunities, including customized options, please contact email@example.com or call (514) 524-2062.