PRESS RELEASE: Conference Update: WEDI Harbor Court Hotel Room Block Filled, Additional Rooms Added!|
- 15th Annual WEDI National Conference
- Continuing the Quest: Administrative and Clinical Integration and Interoperability
- May 22-25, 2006
- Hyatt Regency Baltimore on the Inner Harbor
- Click here for more information
Contact: Kristin Fetterman
Director of SNIP, Education and Events
Phone: (703) 391-2714
WASHINGTON DC USA -- HIT/HIPAA UPDATE NEWS SERVICE (TM) -- APRIL 28, 2006: WEDI has again secured additional guest rooms at the Harbor Court Hotel, just a short walk from the 15th Annual WEDI National Conference. Call 410-347-9700, or 800-824-0076, and request the WEDI discounted rate of $239/night. Make your reservations today to guarantee availability.
The Hyatt Regency Baltimore on the Inner Harbor, the event host hotel, has a few rooms remaining for the nights of 5/21 and 5/23, at a WEDI group rate of $195. Call 410-528-1234, or 800-233-1234 by April 30, and request the WEDI rate if you need a room for only one of these nights.
Join industry leaders at the 15th Annual WEDI National Conference, Continuing the Quest: Administrative and Clinical Integration and Interoperability. This year’s conference will be held May 22-25, 2006, at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore on the Inner Harbor. The conference will kick off with two concurrent pre-conference events on Monday, May 22. One will be an NPIOI Industry Forum, and the second a Health IT Certification Preconference. The event will conclude with a special post-conference session, a CAQH CORE Educational Workshop. Details on these sessions can be found at www.wedi.org/public/articles/dis_viewArticle.cfm?ID=392.
Hear from industry leaders as they provide key information and case studies on issues such as: HIPAA Implementation, including Transactions, NPI, Attachments, Privacy and Security; Interoperability issues, EHRs; and RHIOs.
General Sessions at the 15th Annual WEDI National Conference include:
- National Standards Harmonization Efforts
- ICD-10 Issues Update
- Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology: Overview and Initiatives
- Pending Legislation, Regulatory Updates and CMS Activities Update
- Simplifying Administrative Data Exchange, Interoperability at the CORE
- WEDI NPI Hearings Update
- RHIOs and Connected Communities Involved in the ONC NHIN Architecture Prototype Contracts: Clinical Drivers, Technical Approaches, Funding, and Strategies for Sustainability
Choose from a variety of breakout sessions to meet your needs:
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Industry Perspectives: Issues with Secondary Coordination of Benefits Claims
- Attachments Early Adopters Forum
- Privacy and Security Challenges to Health Information Exchange
- Who Can See Your Patient Information? Access Issues in an EHR
- A Cross-Eyed View of Remittance: The WEDI/X12 Claims Adjustment Reason Code / Group Code Survey
- NPI and the Granularity Issue: Implementation and Beyond
- Security and Privacy Challenges to the EHR
- MD/DC Collaborative RHIO - Accomplishments and Challenges
- Payer and Trading Partner Identifiers Needed for Interoperability
- Claims Attachments
- Email and Encryption
- Funding RHIO Startup and Financing for Life: Survey of Regional Health Information Organization Financing
- Real-Time Adjudication
- Atypical Providers and Taxonomy Codes: Managing Unexpected NPI Ripple Effects
- How Much is Too Much? Exploring the Privacy Rule’s Intersection of the Minimum Necessary Requirements and the Claims Attachments Transactions
- Harmonizing Terminology and Coding for EHRs
For a more information, including registration information and a current agenda, visit www.wedi.org, or www.wedi.org/public/articles/dis_viewArticle.cfm?ID=392.
For exhibit, sponsorship, or giveaway opportunities, contact Kristin Fetterman, Director of SNIP, Education and Events, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 703-391-2714.
UPCOMING WEDI CONFERENCES:
Director of SNIP, Education and Events
12020 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 100
Reston, VA 20191
For details on these events and more, go to www.wedi.org/public/calendar
- 15th Annual WEDI National Conference, May 22-25, 2006, Hyatt Regency Baltimore, Baltimore, MD
- WEDI 2006 Fall Conference, November 6-9, 2006, Hyatt Regency Phoenix at Civic Plaza, Phoenix, AZ