PRESS RELEASE: Webinar: Employer Experiences with Reference Based Pricing -
Implementing and Administering RBP Plans
Contact: Patty Jamison
MODESTO, CA -- HEALTHCARE UPDATE NEWS SERVICE -- AUGUST 9, 2019: More and more health benefit brokers and employers are exploring reference-based pricing (RBP) as a way to control healthcare costs and provide more transparency and freedom to members. Unlike traditional PPO plans, RBP plans base provider reimbursements on either a percentage of Medicare reimbursement rates or the true cost of the healthcare service. Additionally, RBP does not utilize a carrier or provider network, so members may see any healthcare provider.
In this session, BAS founder Marty Joseph will provide his insights, drawing on his years of experience in administering RBP plans to talk about it's challenges and benefits, as well as key strategies for successfully implementing and administering RBP plans. The session will include case studies of 2 employer groups that switched from a traditional PPO structure to an RBP plan.
Click here for detailed information or to register or call (209) 577-4888.
Friday, August 23, 2019, at 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM Eastern
- Gain insight on RBP and its benefits, challenges
- Assess RBP's impact on your health care spend and out-of-pocket expenses
- Learn about best practices to implement and administer RBP
- Tailor RBP programs to meet your organization's needs and facilitate buy-in from employees
- Case studies on employers that have implemented RBP
Principal and Founder, BAS (Benefit Administrative Systems) and President,
Sales, HealthComp Holdings