Contact: Samantha Holvey
WASHINGTON DC USA -- HEALTHCARE UPDATE NEWS SERVICE -- AUGUST 28, 2019: Recent advances in technology enable us to be more mobile and efficient, but also increase potential security risks. It is necessary to ensure these new technological developments are reliable and secure because data security and patient safety can be threatened.
Join us in Washington, DC on October 23rd
for the WEDI Forum: Emerging Trends and Updates
on Privacy and Security in Health IT
This forum focuses on the current and future state of privacy and security in health care; how our various stakeholders study and assess data security protocols to ensure data integrity and security.
- Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Office for Civil Rights (OCR) Update: Breaches, Enforcement, and Current Issues
- Federal Privacy, Security, and Cybersecurity Legislation - An Update and Future Outlook
- National Committee on Vital and Health Statistics (NCVHS) in Action: Privacy Policies and Recommendations for Healthcare Transformation
- Privacy and Security from the Federal Trade Commission's (FTC) Perspective: Facebook Settlement and Beyond: What this Means for Healthcare or Recent Privacy Issues and Enforcement
- How Will it All Work? Understanding Privacy & Security Protections in the Health Information Highway