HEALTHCARE UPDATE NEWS SERVICE -- JULY 15, 2020 -- WASHINGTON DC: Part I of the Alliance for Health Policy's 2020 Signature Series focuses on disruptors and transformers in health care. During this Summit, expert panelists will explore the short and long-term impacts of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and its potential to significantly transform our health care system. The Signature Series events are traditionally held in-person in the Nation's Capital. This year, we are turning the Summit into a virtual event to provide even more extensive audiences the opportunity to participate in these cutting-edge discussions. This week-long event seeks to showcase innovations and meaningful conversations through live panels, keynote presentations, online dialogues, and a shared community narrative in the digital world. Tune in to hear speakers discuss disruptive and transformative themes and trends as they relate to COVID-19 -- new business and care delivery models, technological and scientific advances, health equity, early lessons learned -- and what they mean for patients and policy. With our move to a virtual platform, we strive to stay true to the Alliance's role as a convener and community creator. We welcome you to participate in the discussion using the hashtag #AHPSummit20 across Twitter and Facebook.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
TUESDAY, JULY 21
Panel #1: The Invisible Backbone -- Strengthening Supply Chain and Public Health Infrastructure | 12 p.m. EST | Learn more »
- Jennifer B. Alton, MPP, President, Pathway Policy Group, LLC
- Anita Cicero, J.D., Deputy Director, Center for Health Security, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (moderator)
- Nicolette Louissaint, Ph.D., Executive Director, Healthcare Ready
- Jennifer Rakeman, Ph.D., Assistant Commissioner and Laboratory Director, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Keynote #1: Perspectives on Health Equity for Black Americans | 2 p.m. EST | Learn more »
- Rashawn Ray, Ph.D., M.A., David M. Rubenstein Fellow, Governance Studies, Brookings Institution
WEDNESDAY, JULY 22
Panel #2: Care Delivery Transformation -- Integrating Telehealth and Home-Based Care | 12 p.m. EST | Learn more »
- Michael Reese Wittke, MPA, Senior Director, Public Policy and Advocacy, National Alliance for Caregiving
- Anand Parekh, M.D., MPH, Chief Medical Advisor, Bipartisan Policy Center (moderator)
- Geoffrey Nudd, MBA, CEO, ClearCare
THURSDAY, JULY 23
Panel #3: Using Data to Disrupt the Spread of COVID-19 and Prevent Future Pandemics | 12 p.m. EST | Learn more »
- Kenneth Mandl, M.D., MPH, Director of Computational Health Informatics, Boston Children's Hospital
- Deven McGraw, J.D., Cofounder and Chief Regulatory Officer, Ciitizen
- Kaakpema "KP" Yelpaala, MPH, CEO and Founder, access.mobile International
- Robert Saunders, Ph.D., Research Director, Payment and Delivery System Reform, Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy (moderator)
Keynote #2: Harnessing Data to Advance COVID-19 Treatments | 2 p.m. EST | Learn more »
- Christopher P. Austin, M.D., Director, National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, National Institutes of Health
FRIDAY, JULY 24
- Join us on Twitter throughout the day as we survey the audience for feedback and reflections from the week!
Please note, you must only register once to attend any of the events listed above. A single link is needed to access events throughout the week and will be provided within your registration confirmation email.
We look forward to seeing you online soon. Please use the hashtag #AHPSummit20 on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to join the digital conversations.
Please contact us with any questions regarding Summit programming or logistics.
Sarah J. Dash, MPH
President and CEO
Alliance for Health Policy