Join the GTMRx Institute for Their Next Webinar: May 28, 2020
Telehealth During COVID-19: Opportunity to Expand Access to Comprehensive Medication Management?
Thursday, May 28, 2020 | 1- 2 p.m. EDT
Contact: Nataleigh Cromwell
Get the Medications Right Institute
Phone: (703) 394-5395
VIENNA, VA USA -- HEALTHCARE UPDATE NEWS SERVICE -- MAY 19, 2020: The COVID-19 global health care crisis has created a real opportunity to expand access to care through telehealth. How do we optimize patient outcomes and ensure appropriate use of medications virtually?
In recent weeks commercial and public payors have increasingly extended coverage, and health systems are mobilizing quickly to expand programs to meet the rapid increase in demand for services. The coronavirus emergency supplemental legislation has expanded Medicare coverage of telehealth.
Hear from a clinical pharmacist and a policy analyst as they discuss barriers to implementation and opportunities that the coronavirus pandemic offers to expand telehealth services. They will consider in what way these changes may impact care delivery.
Tune in to hear more about:
- Coronavirus emergency supplemental legislation--what does this mean in terms of access, coverage and expansion of telehealth services?
- How has telemedicine use changed during the pandemic; what services are being virtualized?
- What do we expect to see in terms of regulatory shifts, and how will this change the way telehealth is provided in the future?
- How does telehealth provide a path to interprofessional care teams working collaboratively to optimize medication use?
- Beyond COVID-19, what are some of the key considerations for implementation, evaluation and coverage of CMM services in telehealth practices?
Find related publications and resources here.
Jared Augenstein, MA, MPH
Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP; Director
Read bio here.
Co-author: A Framework for Evaluating the ROI of Telehealth
Author: "Opportunities To Expand Telehealth Use Amid The Coronavirus Pandemic," Health Affairs, 16 March 2020.
Melissa Badowski, Pharm.D., MPH, FCCP, BCIDP, BCPS, AAHIVP|
College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois; Clinical Associate Professor
Read bio here.
Co-Author: "Implementation and evaluation of comprehensive medication management in telehealth practices" Journal of American Clinical Pharmacy, January 2020
ABOUT THE GTMRx INSTITUTE
The GTMRx Institute is a catalyst for change that brings critical stakeholders together, bound by the urgent need to get the medications right. We are physicians, pharmacists, health IT innovators, drug and diagnostic companies, consumer groups, employers, payers and health systems--aligned to save lives and save money through comprehensive medication management, or CMM. By showcasing evidence and innovation, we motivate practice transformation and push payment and policy reform. Together, we ACT to champion appropriate, effective, safe and precise use of medication and gene therapies. Learn more at gtmr.org.
Follow, friend and connect with us!