WASHINGTON, DC USA -- HEALTHCARE UPDATE NEWS SERVICE -- JULY 7, 2020: While the coronavirus has been deadly for tens of thousands of Americans, primary care, a vital foundation of a high-functioning health system, is also facing deathly blows. Layoffs and furloughs, sharply declining income, and high stress are some of the forces that have been battering primary care practices for months. Yet some practices are able to weather the COVID-19 storm better than others. We’ll look at how they are doing so, examining how they are paid, their existing care management and IT infrastructure, leadership and governance, and other factors. We’ll learn from the survivors by hearing from leaders at two primary care practices and their health plan counterparts.
- Karolina Skrzypek, MD | Medical Director in Provider Engagement, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Ewa M. Matuszewski | CEO and Co-Founder, MedNetOne Health Solutions
- John Bennett, MD, FACC, FACP | President and CEO, CDPHP
- Adetutu Adetona, MD | Owner and President, Lansingburgh Family Practice P.C.
- Julie Schilz, BSN, MBA | Senior Director, Commercial Health Innovation, Mathematica