Contact: Nataleigh Cromwell
For: Get the Medications Right™ Institute
VIENNA, VA USA -- HEALTH POLICY UPDATE NEWS SERVICE -- MAY 25, 2021:
We have a problem. When drugs are wrong, skipped or make you sick, 275,000 lives are lost. Add to that the $528 billion wasted.1 Much of the economic burden is absorbed by self-insured employers through cost drivers like readmissions, additional ER visits or more mediations needed to fix the problems. This is unacceptable.
After attending this webinar, you will:
Join us for a webinar to hear from two leading experts on ways to implement a buy-right strategy when working with medical carriers, PBMs, etc., and in structuring benefit plan design on the medical and pharmacy side as you pursue value-based care. A GTMRx toolkit--designed for employers--will be sent to you when you register for the event.
- Understand why the current system of trial-and-error medication use must change in order to eliminate the waste of health plan assets.
- Understand how comprehensive medication management (CMM) is being used today to effectively transform and optimize medication use while achieving measurable, positive treatment outcomes that save lives and money.
- Grasp the value equation for employer advocacy for a new medication use process through CMM in practice.
- Recognize why employers should be key leaders of change.
- Learn what you can do to take action now!
1. Watanabe J, et al. "Cost of Prescription Drug-Related Morbidity and Mortality." Annals of Pharmacotherapy, March 26, 2018. journals.sagepub.com/eprint/ic2iH2maTdI5zfN5iUay/full
This toolkit, developed by the GTMRx Employer Toolkit Taskforce, explores the benefits of CMM for individuals and for the employers who pay for benefits.
The toolkit covers topics, such as:
- What is CMM
- How CMM differs from traditional MTM
- the ROI of CMM in practice
- Patients that benefit the most from CMM services
- CMM & value-based strategies (return-on-investment)
- CMM & Pharmacogenomics testing
- Employer call to action
This webinar is supported by:
FOR E-MAIL ADDRESS CHANGE, ADD OR DELETE REQUESTS:
For changes or additions, please email your request to: listmgr@HealthPolicyUpdateNewsService.com.
For removal of your e-mail address, please click the "SafeUnsubscribe" link located in the footer of this message below to automatically remove your address from the list.