WASHINGTON, DC USA -- HEALTHCARE UPDATE NEWS SERVICE -- JUNE 14, 2021:
The Disparities Leadership Program (DLP) is our year-long, hands-on executive education program focused exclusively on helping health care leaders achieve equity in quality. The program is designed to help you translate the latest understanding disparities into realistic solutions you can adopt within your organization. The DSC has the unique advantage of 14 years of experience developing and implementing the DLP, the only program of its kind in the nation.
Through the DLP, we develop leaders prepared to meet the challenges of health care transformation by improving quality for populations who experience disparities. The program has three main goals:
Complete applications are due July 9th, 2021
- To equip health care leaders with a rich understanding of the causes of disparities, the vision to implement solutions, and the strategies to transform their organization to deliver high-value health care.
- To help leaders create strategic plans or projects to advance their work in reducing disparities in a customized way, with practical benefits tailored to every organization.
- To create a professional learning and networking environment for leaders in health care to engage in peer-to-peer learning, crowd sourcing of ideas and strategies for reducing disparities, resource sharing, collaboration, and ongoing support in the form of a national DLP alumni network.
To learn more about the Disparities Leadership Program sponsored by the DSC, visit our website.
To apply for enrollment in the DLP, download and complete an application.
This program is jointly sponsored by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) and
supported by Joint Commission Resources, Inc., an affiliate of The Joint Commission. CME/CNE credits
will be provided through NCQA for the opening and closing meetings.
DISPARITIES SOLUTIONS CENTER MODERATORS
Aswita Tan-McGrory, MBA, MSPH
Director, The Disparities Solutions Center Administrative Director, The Mongan Institute Adjunct Faculty, Northeastern University
Joseph R. Betancourt, MD, MPH
MGH/MGPO Senior Vice President for Equity and Community Health, Founder, Senior Advisor, and Faculty, The Disparities Solutions Center Faculty, The Mongan Institute Health Policy Research Center, Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Lenny López, MD, MDiv, MPH
Senior Faculty, The Disparities Solutions Center Chief of Hospital Medicine, Associate Professor of Medicine, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine
Alden Landry, MD, MPH
Assistant Professor, Emergency Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Assistant Dean, Office for Diversity Inclusion and Community Partnership Associate Director and Advisor, Castle Society Harvard Medical School, Director of Health Equity Education at Harvard Medical School Senior Faculty, The Disparities Solutions Center, Founder and Co-Director, Motivating Pathways
- Margarita Alegria, PhD, Chief, Disparities Research Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Esteban Barreto, PhD, Director of Evaluation, Equity & Inclusion, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Stephen Buonopane, Business Manager, Patient Access Services, Mass General Hospital
- Karen Donelan, ScD, EdM, Co-Director, Survey Research and Implementation Unit, Mass General
- Mitchell Kellaway, Program Manager of Data Accuracy, Health Equity, Mass General Brigham
- Karey S. Kenst, MPH, Senior Program Manager, The Disparities Solutions Center, Mass General Hospital
- Christopher Kirwan, PhD, Clinical Director of Medical Interpreter Services, Mass General Hospital
- Wanda McClain, MPA, VP of Community Health and Health Equity, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Elizabeth Mort, MD, MPH, Senior Vice President of Quality and Safety, Chief Quality Officer, MGH and the Mass General Physicians Organization (MGPO)
- Ben Orcutt, MHA, Director, Patient Access Services, Mass General Hospital
- Alvin Powell, MD, Chief Health Equity Officer, Cone Health
- Altaf Saadi, MD, MSc, Attending Neurologist, Mass General Hospital Division of Comprehensive Neurology
- Thomas Sequist, MD, Chief Patient Experience and Equity Officer, Mass General Brigham
- Elsie Taveras, MD, MPH, Executive Director, Kraft Center for Community Health, Mass General Hospital
- Andrea Tull, PhD, Senior Director of Quality Performance Management, Mass General Hospital
- Sarah Wilkie, MS, Project Manager, Policy & Incentives, Mass General Brigham
About the Disparities Solutions Center at Massachusetts General Hospital
The Disparities Solutions Center (DSC) is dedicated to the development and implementation of strategies that
advance policy and practice to eliminate racial and ethnic disparities in health care.
Specifically, we are working to:
- Create change by developing new research and translating the findings into policy and practice.
- Find solutions that help health care leaders, organizations, and key stakeholders ensure that every patient receives high-value, high-quality health care.
- Encourage leadership by expanding the community of health care professionals prepared to improve quality, address disparities and achieve equity.
Jointly sponsored by
The National Committee for Quality Assurance
And supported by
Joint Commission Resources, Inc. (An Affiliate of The Joint Commission)
FOR E-MAIL ADDRESS CHANGE, ADD OR DELETE REQUESTS:
For changes or additions, please email your request to:
For removal of your e-mail address, please click the "SafeUnsubscribe" link located in the footer of this message below to automatically remove your address from the list.