LOS ANGELES CA, USA -- PAYMENT/DELIVERY SYSTEM REFORM UPDATE NEWS SERVICE -- OCTOBER 14, 2022: We've just added an exciting new General Session panel to the program for Transitions 2022: APG Colloquium, October 31 - November 2, at the Grand Hyatt in downtown Washington, DC! Click here to register.
The Bumpy, Slow, and Circuitous Route to Value-Based Health Care
Tuesday, November 1, 10:00 am - 11:15 am ET
As essential as it may be, by most conventional measures, the transition away from fee-for-service to value-based health care - coordinated, integrated care that is accountable for both costs and quality - has been tougher and slower than hoped. A panel of distinguished former government officials who helped lead efforts to shape that transition will discuss what they've learned, and what they believe lies ahead.
From their current vantage points in the private sector, they will also describe the most promising signs of the value-based payment evolution, and identify policies that should be pursued to boost the transition's pace.
Among the issues that panelists will address:
- What they wish they'd known then about the transition to value-based care that they know now.
- The role of Medicare Advantage in the VBC transition.
- The relatively low engagement of commercial payers and employer-purchasers.
- Other market forces and developments in health care, including the pandemic: enablers or disrupters of the transition?
- The most important steps that could be taken to accelerate the transition to value
All Colloquium attendees are required to provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (as defined by the CDC at the time of the event) in order to receive their badges. Click here for APG's COVID-19 safety protocol.
FOR E-MAIL ADDRESS CHANGE, ADD OR DELETE REQUESTS:
For changes or additions, please email your request to: listmgr@HealthCareUpdateNewsService.com.
For removal of your e-mail address, please click the "SafeUnsubscribe" link located in the footer of this message below to automatically remove your address from the list.