WASHINGTON DC USA -- HEALTHCARE UPDATE NEWS SERVICE™ -- SEPTEMBER 17, 2022: More than thirty years after the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) was signed into law, people with disabilities continue to face inequities in the health care system with respect to access and outcomes. Disparities in education, employment, housing, and transportation are also barriers to achieving health equity.
The October 2022 issue of Health Affairs provides a comprehensive, scholarly look at the relationship between disability and health. You are invited to join us on Monday, October 3, 2022, from 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. for a virtual symposium at which panels of distinguished authors and experts will present their work and engage in discussions on a range of topics.
Confirmed speakers include:
DATE: Monday, October 3, 2022
- Ilhom Akobirshoev, Research Scientist, Lurie Institute for Disability Policy, Heller School for Social Policy and Management, Brandeis University
- Richard E. Besser, President and CEO, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Laurin Elizabeth Bixby, PhD Student, University of Pennsylvania
- Susan A. Chapman, Professor, Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, UCSF School of Nursing
- Alina Engelman, Associate Professor, Department of Public Health, California State University, East Bay
- Rocco Friebel, Director, Global Surgery Policy Unit, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Jean P. Hall, Director, Institute for Health and Disability Policy Studies, University of Kansas
- Willi Horner-Johnson, Associate Professor, OHSU-PSU School of Public Health, and Associate Professor, Institute on Development and Disability, School of Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University
- Lisa Iezzoni, Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, Advisor
- Tyler G. James, Research Fellow, Department of Family Medicine, Center for Disability Health and Wellness and Michigan Mixed Methods Program, University of Michigan
- Colin Killick, Executive Director at Disability Policy Consortium
- Tara Lagu, Director, Institute for Public Health and Medicine, Center for Health Services & Outcomes Research, and Professor of Medicine (Hospital Medicine) and Medical Social Sciences, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University
- Linda Long-Bellil, Assistant Professor, E.K. Shriver Center and Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School
- Lisa M. Meeks, Director, DocsWithDisabilities Initiative, and Assistant Professor, Department of Learning Health Sciences and Family Medicine, Center for Disability Health and Wellness, University of Michigan
- Daniel Mont, Co-Founder and CEO, Center for Inclusive Policy
- Ari Ne'eman, Senior Research Associate, Harvard Law School Project on Disability, Harvard University
- Willyanne DeCormier Plosky, Program Manager, Multi-Regional Clinical Trials Center of Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard University
- Javier Robles, Professor of Kinesiology and Health and Co-Chair, Rutgers University Disability Studies Committee, Rutgers University, Advisor
- Madeline Smith-Johnson, Doctoral Student and Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Sociology Rice University, Doctoral Student and Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Sociology Rice University
TIME: 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 pm Eastern
ACCESS: Open to all
FOR E-MAIL ADDRESS CHANGE, ADD OR DELETE REQUESTS:
For changes or additions, please email your request to: listmgrbm@HealthCareUpdateNewsService.com.
For removal of your e-mail address, please click the link below for "SafeUnsubscribe" to automatically remove your address from the list.