MODESTO CA USA -- HEALTHCARE UPDATE NEWS SERVICE™ -- OCTOBER 16, 2023: The labor market in the United States has been tight in recent years, but perhaps no other sector is tighter than healthcare. The Health Resources Services Administration recently concluded that the U.S. needs more than 38,000 more physicians, dentists and mental health professionals than the number currently employed.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics says there are currently more than 200,000 job openings for nurses, and that more than 30,000 new advanced practice nurses (nurse practitioners, nurse anesthetists, etc.) are needed every year through 2030 just to keep up with demand. The current workforce itself is traumatized, coping with such issues as job burnout and potential violence from patients and their family members.
That the workforce shortage is chronic and current labor conditions are demanding at best means that providers and recruiters must think outside the box. As simply filling the positions is no longer feasible, they must work on creating education-to-labor pipelines. And they must also contend with dramatic changes to the workforce since the COVID-19 pandemic and factor in changes such as telemedicine and hybrid work arrangements.
Please join us on Wednesday, October 25, 2023 for a 90-minute webinar as a panel of distinguished experts examine the current workforce challenges in healthcare delivery, and how it might be addressed in the coming years.
Specific topics that will be covered:
- The current labor situation and how it has evolved since COVID-19
- What is going on in the minds of doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals regarding their jobs and careers
- Creative ways for hospitals and healthcare systems to manage internal employees and temporary and travel staffers while keeping red ink at a minimum
- Non-traditional approaches hospitals and healthcare systems may take toward career development, recruitment and retention
- What unions are looking for over the longer term
- How mandated staffing ratios are impacting the workforce and recruitment
- Using hybrid workplace options and telehealth to your advantage
- How hospitals are creating and expanding residency programs and how they assist with recruitment and retention
You'll also be able to ask the speakers your situation-specific questions, and hear their solutions for your challenges PLUS those of your colleagues. And because this is a webinar, there is no limit to the number of people you can invite to join you at your workplace.
For E-Mail Address Change, Add, or Delete Requests:
P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. Your goal is patient satisfaction - our goal is yours. If, after attending, you decide this webinar has failed to meet your needs, we will IMMEDIATELY reimburse you for your tuition.
P.P.S. If you'd like to invite multiple sites to join you for this session, email us for special discount pricing.
For changes or additions, please email your request to: listmgr@HealthCareUpdateNewsService.com.
For removal of your e-mail address, please click the "SafeUnsubscribe" link located in the footer of this message below to automatically remove your address from the list.